My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, September 26, 2011

A Better Day...

Well I hope so...

I'm not saying Mum's memory is back to normal but it seemed more "With it!" Not so much repeating of things, not as many things wrong if I do one of my memory tests and all in all she seemed brighter.

I think the problem gets worse when tired.

Typically, when I went out for my tests for my consultant the nurse turned up for Mum's blood test. I thought it may happen(second sight)so I'd put a note on the door asking her to call back. She did. What a lovely nurse. Lovely bedside manner, gentle, understanding.

Mum is feeling a little apprehensive about what will happen at the hospital. I mentioned about the symptoms of anaemia to the nurse(she has it herself)and yes it can cause confusion and shortness of breath so here's hoping that its fixable. And this is not being caused by the growth...

A lot can be understood from a blood count. Also it gives a good idea if the Liver and Kidneys are functioning well.

I have an mp3 player on shuffle and its amazing how many people from nurses to Paramedics when they call compliment what we have playing and considering the different ages of those who call its amazing how many like the mix and it includes such eclectic choice it proves that there is audience out there for more than what we are usually served up by many radio stations.

Then again I have over 14,000 tunes I can choose from...

Mums appetite is holding...small portions yes but she had soup earlier and now is about to have a fish cake(cod and parsley)its deep filled so if it gets a bit hard on the outside there is plenty of goodness inside and some spaghetti hoops.

I said whatever she fancies I will go out of my way to get...

Sadly, in the supermarket I met an acquaintance I don't see very often and she told me of...three people Mum knows and they live/lived in our street and one is in another that we can see from Mum's bedroom and they have passed away within months of each other. And we cannot believe that the last person being so close was missed by us.

Then again, this part of my town has stayed quite constant over 50 years and the same families have virtually stayed put and therefore when it does happen its more noticeable.

Oh, I don't buy many CD's and at present I guess its difficult to keep an interest in things but not knowing if buying a CD will be a luxury and unaffordable I saw two that attracted me...

Tony Bennett's second in a series called Duets II(21 Tracks and that included 4 Bonus titles and an extra DVD about the making of the CD)where he sings popular standards with other well known contemporary artists and I found a three CD boxed set of recordings by Doris Day for £3 which had enough titles(60)of which 37 I did not already own so it was still a bargain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home