My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Not Looking Good...

Mum really is having a bad time and in one way I feel guilty that I have had to seek medical help but in another way Mum cannot continue as she is...

I have her Dr calling tomorrow lunchtime and he'll decide how we proceed.

I don't know if I'll ever get Mum home again or if she'll go into Hospital and that's it! Or they may say that she needs to go into a home. Or I'll get Mum home so I can care for her as long as possible.

I don't know if there is a drug that will slow the symptoms down.

Some friends and relatives that I have had to tell the situation to have suggested(It would be lovely if it was so)that in an elderly person a water infection can cause dementia symptoms. It has also been suggested that perhaps she's had some minor strokes or brain bleed.

I really have no idea where this situation will be tomorrow.

I have been ok talking to those I had to contact about what's happened until I talked to one of Mum's brother's and I did lose it and found myself crying. But that's a safety valve so I shouldn't feel ashamed.

But I am feeling worried and apprehensive.

I'm going to start feeling guilty for calling in a Dr, I know I am and if Mum is kept in it will pull at my heartstrings should I ever find out she's calling for me and I'm not there. I know she once wandered out of bed on a hospital ward looking for me and had to be guided back to bed.

I'm having second thoughts about calling the Dr in but if there is a chance of getting her better or slowing the problem down I had no choice.

She is brighter as I write this and has managed to eat a full bowl of cereal and banana.

Update:I never know how personal to make the entries on my blog but its no good hiding...

Mum was brighter today and answering questions I asked quite quickly but she was getting the Dr's questions a bit wrong...so there is some dementia present but he didn't seem overly concerned and he has prescribed tablets for a water infection.

Now this is personal Mum has been having problems with a pile so he said that he'd look...

Its not a pile(its a growth)he didn't want to upset either of us so may've been being kind or genuine when he said he thought all would be well...but he said it was in a place easy to get at but they'll have her in hospital for tests within the fortnight, now all we can do is hope it is not terminal or hasn't spread.

Mum knew enough to ask if it was serious and says she's not feeling too bad about it.

We could've had it looked at sooner but I'm not an expert on such matters and naturally Mum couldn't see it.

So its good that at least we are being seen as quick as we are I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home