My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Revisiting An Earlier Blog Entry...

When Mum was in hospital having her hip repaired in 2009 she was asked a series of questions to test her mental capacity(I think she managed to get most correct)

I found some of it again on my blog and earlier today I used some of it as a test)

Some are not relevant now but the few that she did get a little wrong were the maths question and spelling "world" backwards, some needed a bit more thought but were correct and when asked which county and country we live, the answer was given straight away.

I am supposed to be in sound mind and body, but even I would have to think about how to spell world backwards(BTW Mum spelt World correctly and when spelling it backwards she managed to get 70% of it correct)and though I answered the maths question right I still had to think about it. How simple is that sum?(See below)

Mum managed to make up a sentence with a word I gave her to put in it.

I gave Mum something to read and she managed that.

I started showing her objects to see if she could name them and she answered quickly and got every one correct.

Who knows what I will be like myself in the future...

Here's a reprint of that test given in hospital.


What year is it?

What Month?

What season?

What country do you live in?

Which county are you in?

Which hospital were you in before you came here?

Which hospital are you in now?

Which Ward?

Can you repeat these three objects?

Orange, Ball, Key...

They ask later on after a few questions if you can remember those three objects and ask you to say them again...

They ask you to write a sentence on a piece of paper...Mum wrote "I am Getting Better!"

Can you spell World backwards?

They ask you to draw(copy)a picture or pattern that they show you

They ask you to perform a task(Mum was asked to fold up a piece of paper and throw it to the ground)Another lady was asked to pick up a cup off the floor and place it on the end of a table.

There are a couple of questions about numbers...one was take 7 from 93.

That gives you an idea of the test.

Naturally at present my concern is more towards the hospital visit and whether we have to worry about the other problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home