My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

You Can Be Surprised By Some People's Responses...

I have been phoning, e-mailing and Messaging various people informing them of Mum's situation.

I thought that I should as whatever happens you don't want to find out by chance by seeing something in a newspaper etc...so I've contacted any fiends or acquaintances that may know Mum(its been tempting to try and be private)but however it happened Mum found her friend of many years had died by accident after it had happened and it was a shock.

Now amazingly, some people I talk with on the internet on forums have been so supportive and understanding and yet today a couple of people that I phoned were(even though I was careful how I broke the news and gave good reasons why I was phoning them sometimes out of the blue)were just nasty.

One actually said "And what do you want me to do about it!"

By the end she was different but how anyone can be that cold...I explained that I wanted to prepare and explain what's happening rather than it being a shock or having someone unprepared. And how certain places Mum frequented would probably discuss what is happening and find out even without me telling anyone.

There some very nasty people in this world but as I say that has been counteracted by the many others who have shown a compassionate side.

Update: I've taken to keeping Mum more company especially through the night...nights are restless but in a lucid clear moment in the early hours Mum asked me to be there for her and to look after her and she admitted that she is frightened dreading what the hospital is going to say when they give the result of the tests and what's going to become of her.

Not helped by the fact that even if that is ok, the dementia will not go away. How cruel all this is, for whoever is affected in a similar way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home