My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lovely Weather For Ducks...

Rather appropriate this...

It would appear that some kind of survey or report was researched by a UK Government department about what ducks prefer living in and around water in a pond or lake or showers of rain and it appears that after much research the conclusion is that it was probably an un-necessary survey so money was wasted...well, you can argue that but you never know, what you learn about your environment may be important at some point.

So what have we learned?

Mallard ducks prefer rain. I wonder if it is the same for other ducks? That kind of answered a question I had thought about these last few days when seeing my feathered friends because there isn't much water around here, certainly not anything like the boating lake which you would think would be their preferred choice of living. But was it worth spending almost £300,000 to compile the report? I understand that they would like to do more research.

I understand that this report was linked to wildfowl and their living on nature reserves and farms etc...So the saying lovely weather for ducks may have some truth in it...

The Duck Report

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

This is probably one of the 1100 plus quangos that the UK now has. Costing upwards of 100 billion quid nearly all of which could disappear tommorrow with no diverse effects.

Stop press, ducks like water! Jeez. Next the research will centre on whether bears shit in the woods.

22 May 2009 at 09:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home