My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

One Potato, Two Potato...

Well, I have grown plants before and thought of maybe growing my own vegetables but as a small amount goes a long way(frozen and/or fresh)It's easy just to buy what I need.

But I have to say, I have never ever known my potatoes sprout their roots as much as they do these days. Yet I do not store them any differently to how I have for a number of decades. I have heard t said that you can grow many potatoes from a very small amount and in a very small amount of space.

And for the first time ever some of my cloves of garlic have started to sprout(I'm still using them)I have a feeling that if I planted them in a pot or outside where sunlight could reach them I could be growing my own garlic maybe I'll stick a clove in some compost and just see what happens...

If I do I'll let you know what happens.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I guess it revolves around how and for how long they've been stored previously. I don't think it's much to worry about and I also don't see why they shouldn't grow if you give them a helping hand!

18 May 2009 at 21:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, potatoes and garlic can be grown easily but waiting for them and seeing your own results may be fun, the time it take I think I'll just buy them...A full bulb of garlic 40p with maybe 12 cloves or more or wait 3-5 months for growing some...not much of a contest.

20 May 2009 at 18:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home