My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unfortunetely...No Pictures...

I live in the centre of the town, It's typical in it's design with a few small green areas amongst the houses but not with any really large ponds or lakes to speak of so Mum called me to her front bedroom window a few minutes ago...and what was in next door's garden?

Two male Mallard Ducks plus female. Resting and taking it easy and not bothered about people or cars...

Eventually, they moved off slowly up the road I assume making their way to a kind of area that most resembles a kind of nature area and possible towards the only lake of any size(a kind of boating lake that is used by children at weekends or in the Summer)but as they were walking it will take a while to reach their goal assuming that they are not run over by a car or bothered by children(luckily most children/teenagers are in school at present and it is not holiday time)

I tried to see where they had walked to but lost track of them, I tried and thought I had managed to take a photograph but the one I have refuses to load onto the computer and if I do manage to get it on here it will take some work for it to be any good.

But it was a nice but unexpected way to start the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I hope they're not in some eastern European immigrant's stewpot by now!

14 May 2009 at 10:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span :-)

Considering...they were remakably quick when they set off walking, they did not seem as though they wanted to fly.

Perhaps we've had such visits before but I am unaware of this.

A couple of years ago, I did read of a few streets away where a mother duck had raised young in a garden and then at the right time marched them to possibly the lake that I mentioned. So I guess it does happen.

I seem to remember daily at a certain time night and morning some Canadian Geese fly over our home. But not being outside much it is years since I have seen them.

14 May 2009 at 13:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Three days on and Mum did not see where they actually went to but she said that she has seen these ducks again...so they must be surviving and living locally...

17 May 2009 at 17:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home