My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's A Baking Weekend...

For all my problems and how my diet may change, I still have my appetite and am enjoying my food, perhaps more so if I was to think for how long can I continue to?

However, it's unusual for me to run out of bread. And Mum always says that she does not eat much bread and a loaf would last her ages. In reality, we do manage to eat a fair amount.

Well, I had no reason to go out except for bread and I thought I'd wait until my blood test on Tuesday and do a small shopping trip then. I was disappointed with the last couple of loaves I made but I gave it another go and they've come out fine again.

My white loaf was made on Saturday and was eaten by teatime Sunday and I have now made a wholemeal loaf and I hope that will last until Tuesday...if not I'll make another tomorrow.

If nothing else I have the art of making and baking a loaf very quickly now to still get a pleasing result. Approx 10-15 minutes to mix and knead the dough. Approx 2 hours for the dough to rise and approx 20-30 minutes in the oven.

So really once that first 15 minutes is over...the rest is easy peasy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

...run out of bread? Dough!

17 May 2009 at 20:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span :-)That says it all...

I may have a go at making a French Stick next time...or is that a baton?

I baked these loaves on a baking sheet so they came out more evenly baked and in the style of a bloomer loaf.

17 May 2009 at 22:47  
Blogger Span Ows said...

or un baguette. I guess being thinner they "cooked" easier and more thouroughly.

18 May 2009 at 21:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home