My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ginger...

With access to the Internet and a variety of programmes on television and radio(and quite a few books)I think I know just about all that I need to about how to stay fit and well, what foods improve health and ward off illnesses etc...but I guess even if you loo after yourself, if you are to be ill, you will be even if you do everything right, all that you can do is your best to maintain health or avoid getting something nasty.

I picked up a book in a charity shop yesterday probably worth quite a lot of money but I paid £3, it is a reference book for staying healthy and during this last run of treatment for my condition a couple of my finger nails took on an appearance I've not seen before...I thought it could be the medication I was on but the illustration in the book suggests anemia(lack of iron)and suggest eating lots of green vegetables, well, I don't know really if I have but in the last few months(maybe I have increased the fruit and vegetable intake again)and I can say those nails are returning to normal so maybe the diet has improved matters...that and the reduction of steroids?

Now on the other hand I do believe in using herbs and spices for enhancing food and for treating ailments...In recent years and I wish I had done so sooner I have started to use Garlic in capsules and it's natural form and the other day I read up more on Ginger as a person on a forum I frequent mentioned it's virtues and I may look into and use it myself. He was told that it was ok to use by his Kidney consultant(he was taking Ginger Capsules)he suffered with an inflammatory condition(not related to kidneys)

Looking into Ginger how ever you take it, it can be used against any kind of sickness, indigestion, diarrhea, nausea, travel sickness, relieves pain and inflammation associated with arthritis, muscle spasms and rheumatism.

It could also help blood circulation and the removal of toxins from the body...and more.

So just maybe it could offer me some benefit too. And most people, I certainly cannot see it doing harm.

I have an appointment with my Dr on Friday afternoon(Mum saw him today)and could not decide by his reaction to her saying that she is concerned/worried about me if he knows something(good or bad)we will see. I also bumped into one of the nurses who takes my bloods regularly and she tended to say no news is good news and stay positive. Had I not already booked to see my Dr and had a blood test taken this week she told me to book in for one next week with her.

Sometimes you can read too much into something(I hope!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Go for it...it helps keep me young :-)

Ginger, chilli, garlic...ooooh baby.

22 May 2009 at 09:44  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I missed your comment Span...sorry...I have garlic and some ginger root but I am looking for what I can add it to and how to cook it(I think I have found a site on the net with some good ideas)and happily the local supermarket who I thought had dropped it from their range of goods, have seemingly just moved it to another part of the store.

I think I can make some tea with ginger and honey, that's a start.

Chilli...I have yet to try, it could be too hot for me...what a wuss :-)

7 June 2009 at 15:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home