My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Something For Nothing!

Following on from previous recent posts...would you like something for free? Of course you would. If you love food and have medical problems or not, a TV chef who had a kidney transplant himself, has produced a book for renal patients that is available from dietitians in hospitals or it can be obtained in other ways.

Including as a download...

So click on the link below...

Rediscovering food and flavours by Lawrence Keogh

Enjoy...

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Great I've downloaded and saved a copy, all the recipes sound delicious!

I must say I giggled at a mistake I made reading your post...

"If you love food and have medical problems or not, a TV chef who had a kidney transplant himself, has produced a book for renal..."

Of course ones brain reads ahead and I had already imagined the next word..."recipes"

Doh! Shades of Hannibal lector were already appearing in my mind...

16 May 2009 at 18:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, It's not a bad little recipe book Span, and anything that is free is welcome. I know what you mean :-)

As I have said even if you are fit and well, it can be enjoyed.

As this blog has taken on the subject of Kidney problems again for now(hopefully temprarily)it is a strange condition in that everyone is different and there are so many different condition with good and bad outcomes(with or without medication)I was as far as possible led to believe that probably the treatment I was given would work and cure the condition or would control it(for the minute...I don't know)

Another person joined a forum about such problems today and in her case she was told it was a reversable problem...a year on, it sounds as though things are different and she is worried.

A big problem is that this is one organ of the body that takes ages to show symptoms before you may feel unwell. So it can be something that takes ages to have a bad effect.

Good in one way as you may out live the problem and never know of it. On the other hand if you don't know...earlier intervention might stop it happening and progressing so it's a catch 22 situation.

So many of the population could be ill and have no idea...a good thing?

17 May 2009 at 12:47  
Blogger Span Ows said...

I would say yes gildy, a bit harsh but the more we know about too many things the more ill we all are. Only a coupel of decades ago we were all gloriously ignorant of many things that nowadays cause more worry and psychological problems than ever.

17 May 2009 at 20:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home