My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When You Are Not Concentrating...

Where does your mind go?

I was preparing the evening meal and needed some eggs...One was broken and stuck to the egg carton but the other two were fine. I put them into a container ready to add some butter, a pinch of salt and they say don't I usually add some semi-skimmed milk to make scrambled eggs.

When I came back with the other items to add to the eggs I found the eggs were missing from the container.

What had I done?

I soon found out...they were in the sink of soapy water with the dishes that needed to be washed! I have no recollection of emptying the container.

Luckily, though I wasted them, I had another dozen and half eggs in the fridge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

hehehe...Many similar tales throughout my life Gildy! usually nothing happens but I can't remember so go back and check to find everything normal/in its place/whatever and obviously I have done it all automatically no I don't mean when I'm drunk!...alhough that happens too) I seem to remeber o several occasions pouring the boiling water from the kettle in the sugar bowl or the coffee jar or worse the teacaddy/teabag pot.!

13 May 2009 at 21:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Another one of mine is if I am making up a hot water bottle for Mum and maybe a flask of tea or coffee around the same time...to start pouring the tea or coffe into the hot wter bottle instead of plain water. :-)

Then again...Laurel and Hardy used to do a routine where they'd wake in the morning and pour the contents out for a early drink...

Of course not recommmended if only because of the rubber from the bottle getting into the liquid...

13 May 2009 at 22:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home