My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Up At Silly O'Clock...

I've done all that I can now...I've moved files to another drive, tried deleting items and defragged hard drives but still internet connections are intermittent.

So there is little that I can add until after the visit.

Gardening has been delayed yet again after another downpour which is sad because mostly the last two days have been sunny and warm(ish)but not enough to dry everything out. Perhaps I can still move some of the garden rubbish. That's one task.

I stayed in last night as the other music club was just having a singaround(and no way am I singing)but next week "We have a turn" who is travelling a fair distance to entertain "From down South!" Last time she attempted the trip her car let her down.

It gets a bit busy from the weekend and then there is nothing for a while. I may be at a murder mystery play by an Am Dram group(I haven't decided yet)then there's that mainly free jazz festival, a big band concert by a famous band and one by an amateur big band, a jazz concert, a food festival and I have discovered the local historic Auckland Castle associated with the Bishop Of Durham which will be open during the food festival for free. Usually there is an admission fee that is quite steep. So I may try and get in and have a look around. I never have and we're talking decades.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


Your problems could be being caused by some new electric device you have installed recently which is giving out too much radiation (cheap Chinese devices suspect).This can obliterate other devices.
You can sort of check for this with an old(must be old) FM radio. Switch everything off and get a nice clear sound on radio- now start switching on each of your bits and pieces and see if the radio sound starts to get hissy and break up. When you first switch on your computer you probably will get a bit of hiss and disturbance but this should reasonably clear up once the op system has installed...what your looking for is a really bad lasting break up on the radio.
I found that a cheap external drive box was emitting loads of interference..not only that but the low voltage spotlights in the ceiling were squealing on the old radio.

18 April 2016 at 09:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you. Its another idea I had not thought of...I have had a lot of items turned off as it happens. Often all I have on is the router, the computer and one ordinary light.

The person advising on a forum thinks that I can up my speed but needs more details from the router which I cannot get access to(even though I am using the password my repairman suggested)

I'm going to fire an e-mail off to him and see if he can help.

If I have done all that I can then the fault could be at the exchange, a junction box or from the roadside to my home.

But then I know I have eliminated any issues in the home.

18 April 2016 at 17:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home