My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Fun And Games...

My computer has installed Windows 10 and everything is "Topsy Turfy" I thought that I had lost all my favourite links.

Sometimes I cannot connect to websites or the internet. So if I suddenly disappear you know why. Well I hope its only a PC problem and nothing else.

There's been a fair amount of rain in the past 24 hours so that still does not help my plans for the garden. I managed to buy the saw I was after. It says its for cutting hard wood(I don't do much woodwork around the garden and house)so as long as I can do the small jobs I have planned I am happy that I did not spend a lot.

I could not find my brolly so when passing the pound shop in the town I purchased an umbrella, not expecting anything great but in an emergency at that price if it works a couple of times that will be fine.

I missed all the rain yesterday until a few hundred yards from where we play bingo and the heavens opened. And I was was well soaked with a mixture of rain and hailstones but wearing a good hat on and a thick coat I was quite dry once I removed them. They kept the rain out. Why didn't I put my umbrella up? I was so close to the building and already wet(because it came on so quickly)I doubt it would've made much difference.

I may still have to call on my computer repair man to sort matters out on here but if I do that may have to wait until next week now. Until I try and send this I won't even know if I can post on here, wish me luck.

Update:Still continuing. Hap Hazard connections. Been through a talk with internet provider. They say they've done something at "their" end which may have kicked in by now(I haven't seen any improvement as yet)I've been told to move the router and try connecting it where the line comes in. Another idea is it could be the extension. Another call to them they've suggested a wireless connection(the router does Wi-Fi)and my laptop used such a connection. The desktop is I now realise using the landline into the desktop via an Ethernet(?)cable so not using a wireless connection so perhaps that may be another option.

I may have to contact my computer repairman...it may be all too complicated for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home