My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

A New Day...

I was so tired after my look out yesterday I climbed into bed at 7.30pm to listen to the radio and by 8.40pm I'd gone.

I awoke at 8am this morning. I awoke to a wet day but I think I will attempt to go out to that Jazz Music afternoon. I wish it had been on in the evening but...

So I will probably have to be away by 10.30am.

What did I get yesterday? Well the weeder that was being held for me(Really?)I got one but the assistant just went to where they were in the store and picked it up so in reality I'm not so sure it was being kept specially for me. But I have it.

Silly? Perhaps but I gave in and purchased two pairs of trainers. They were not cheap(almost £46)but buy whilst you may. I tried two more retailers before buying and could only find trainers with laces and they were very light on the souls so knowing I wear the right shoe out quite quickly, I had no choice. And having two pairs does mean I can avoid going into the retailer for a little longer and if they become unavailable I have some to be going at.

Now thinking to make them last longer I'll wear the cheap canvas shoes when doing a lot of walking and the trainers when I am generally indoors or stepping out of a taxi or off a bus and going straight indoors.

Weather and time means I still have to fill the compost bin(perhaps tomorrow)I have no plans for Sunday.

I found some fancy cakes on offer on the shopping trip so I treated myself(£1.50 is better than paying £2.65)I can share with friends at the bingo tomorrow night and have approx half left for myself. I made certain I found the latest dates possible. They'll last a bit longer that way.

I had small wins at the bingo and on a domino card so though out of pocket in one way because I got the money back I pay for my nights out it was like having unfound money so you could say I got the compost bin and weeder for nothing.

I was very grateful that I had my shopping trolley and small back pack with me. I also came home with some salad items too.

Now for the boring bit(Give the next five paragraphs a miss)

The trip took a little longer(sorry its the buses again)but not too bad really. I left home at 1.15pm was at the neighbouring town by 13.50pm called in at the discount store Lidl, then next door to Aldi(for the weeder)then to another discount general store(I was hoping I'd find my trainers there)then the walk to ASDA is a bit too much but there is a bus service every 12 mins going to another town but it stops nearby so I rested for the next one.

I realised I could not get home in time for something I wanted at Wilkinsons so that regular bus I'd used earlier I caught it in the other direction. This meant I could go to a branch there and I remembered the same town had a shop with loads of trainers nearby. Killing two birds with one stone. Even better these shops are very near the bus station. Great!

Unfortunately,  I saw the bus I wanted for home about to leave and I wasn't near enough so I had to hang around in the open air for 30 mins. So I did not make home before 6.30pm, no wonder I was worn out. Once you start to get near 6pm around here some routes are practically useless.

BTW the local bus company are starting another of those services where they run every 12 mins. Great during the day but sometimes you wonder if its a little too much. Its evenings and Sundays that are a problem. One bus an hour often means you have to leave early to get to an event or leave early to get home otherwise you are hanging around in a bus station for the next one. Or you don't connect to another service you need.

Just the addition of one extra bus per hour or every 45 mins would not mean adding many more to the schedule but it could make travelling easier for passengers because the wait between services would not be as long. I am sure this happens across much of the UK. It could even affect people who work in the evenings or go to work to start a night shift. I have seen a few using buses for that reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home