My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Wow Easter Is Almost Over For Another Year...

Having a quiet Easter Monday. The weather not great but nothing like Storm Katie that has been affecting most of the South of the UK. Its been rough.

We had rain here. I wasn't heading out in that. Its improved but at this late part of the afternoon its easier to stay home, listen to some radio and perhaps prepare a meal later.

Sunday was out because shops(were closed)and I needed nothing(I don't always want to walk around shops)and hey it was a Sunday service.

Its a bit like that today(buses are better)but again shops don't appeal.

If things are better midweek perhaps I'll have journey to the coast. Or anywhere. Perhaps I'll get some images.

I used to like some Talk Radio but its too shouty and "In your face!" Well the new relaunched version is. Its complicated. We had a new talk station launched perhaps fifteen to twenty years ago. Yje difference was there had been a dedicated talk station in London since 1973 but this was a national one. It was then taken over and became a sports talk station. Now that company has decided to launch a general talk station as a sister station plus a second sports talk station but I'm not impressed. I miss the original and I liked many of the original line up at that time. Perhaps I've changed. Maybe I wouldn't like that if it still existed but I would've hoped that it would choose similar presenters and not be as brash. After all how many presenters stay for yen or twenty years especially in commercial radio.

I have just listened to a drama of Rumpole of the Bailey on Radio 4. I often listen to the radio version but never thought to watch the TV version. Tonight its music documentaries on Radio 2. One on Bobby Darin and another about Enrico Caruso. What a difference in styles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home