My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, February 06, 2016

Tidy...

At least my home is tidy again and not just because of a visit on Wednesday(its the check on the gas central heating)

Therefore, I can't go too far from home...I was going to see Fairport Convention(perhaps the last and only time I could)on Tuesday but opted for a cheaper but as enjoyable option at my music club with two favourites.

Going to do some cooking this weekend...its the weather for it. Taking some snacks with me for my trip today but generally try to trek out with little or no baggage. And I don't need much food. I probably could manage without.

Talking of food...many of us were pleased to see a major supermarket trialing boxes of seasonal vegetables for £3.50(US $5.08)which they claim will feed a family of four for a week. They have to start somewhere so the trial is commencing in 128 stores. However, customers delight and praise has turned negative because many areas are not included. Not one store(not even their super stores)in the North East of England. I have read there are none in Wales or N. Ireland so some of the countries we share this Island with are left out.

Its even been suggested some stores that did have stocks only had as few as twenty boxes. And they were only available over a 24 hour period so if you could not get into the store within that time span or the twenty boxes had gone, you were out of luck. You cannot even buy online. I am so happy I found the list of stores taking part before wasting my time going in search of a box.

Its a trick the greengrocers could/should be filling or even other supermarkets, the demand is obviously there as it probably always was and used to be years ago. Before everything was produced to be as perfect as possible.

You may've guessed by that last sentence what makes this trial special is that the vegetables in these boxes would normally be thrown away or never reach supermarket shelves because they have imperfections usually only in their appearance. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with it. Hence it being sold under the name of "Wonky Veg"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home