My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

More Expense...

Looks like storm Henry may have done for me and broken four panels of garden fencing. So deciding whether I can stake what remains with posts or whether to hope my neighbour may share the cost or replace the fence. Whether not to bother replacing it and go for a natural break using shrubs/bushes and hedging(its cheaper)

I think I have finally shaken off the cough and cold.

I'm staying in as the weather is horrible but I will go to the music club later.

I'll throw more rubbish out later so its not a wasted day.

If the weather stays mild I'll start gardening again in March.

The travel arrangements to the theatre last night could not have gone easier and I'll do that again. It is the ideal way to get to most of the centre area of Durham city. Sadly, I did not enjoy the play, I may've been the only one who didn't going by the reaction.

And it was good to get back home and not have tired myself out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get back in my garden either. :)

I was told that the border/fencing on your right hand side as you look down your garden from your house is your responsibility - are your broken fences on your left or your right?

A-L

3 February 2016 at 13:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

On the right side but if I decide to use shrubs and bushes I can't see that I can be forced to put new fencing up. Originally all the gardens had between them was poor netting with big holes and fastened to massive concrete posts. Then slowly through the 1970's onwards people started to put fencing up.

I'll have to do some more research.

4 February 2016 at 02:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home