My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 04, 2016

I May Have To Spend Money...

on the garden fence but we'll see if I can find someone locally who does odd jobs and see what I can find in the way of reasonably priced fencing.

Fortunate that at a push I can just about find the money. If not I'll dig out the credit card and pay it off over a few months.

Killing off/removing some of the ivy growing over and from the other side during summer probably instead of helping has worked against saving the fence. It could have been protecting it and helping to stop it moving.

I'm not going to worry over it though. That won't help anyone.

I suspect I'm talking £300 plus labour.

*Not planning on going anywhere again today, still shaking off my cold. Lots of sleeping too. Annoying if you are enjoying something on the radio. I drift off quite easily.

I can do that even when not sleeping. I have heard it said that if you don't think or do something within 15 minutes your brain kind've shuts down not unlike when you set a computer to rest after so long. It could be a load of clap trap for all I know.

Perhaps I'll do something nice for my tea or have it for supper when I come home. Something warming.

I may seeing I am up at this silly hour have some porridge and fruit followed by toast. And for my trip on Saturday(Chinese New Year)for the first time in perhaps over a year have a full "English" Breakfast of bacon, eggs(fried or scrambled)mushrooms, sausages, tomatoes and baked beans. But if I am leaving around 7.30am(and I will have to)I will have to be getting this ready around 6am.

I can cheat though by preparing the bacon/beans/tomatoes maybe even the eggs in the microwave(s) to save time. If I don't mind some items being cold and as you eat food does cool down. I could do some of the food in advance.

So tonight will be my first look out since the theatre in Durham and I'll get to play bingo again.

*I said that I wasn't going out but I may...why? Its 32 years today since my Father passed away and because its not the easiest place to visit without a car it could be twenty five years since I saw his name in the book of remembrance at a local crematorium and so today I think that I am going to make the effort to see his name, Reflect a little. I may attempt to take an image of it too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you use the money you got from your mum? As I remember, you were going to buy all sorts of things for the home with it, in order to go under the required "level"

A-L

4 February 2016 at 09:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

There's ways and means(I put that on hold)I may do the fence soon or leave it towards the end of Summer. I don't have to rush. And in the meantime get all the garden jobs out of the way. :-)

4 February 2016 at 10:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But why would you want to put it on a credit card and so accrue interest? You bewilder me.

Be careful the HA don't see the fence if it's in a state, I guess they will check the garden too on their visit?

A-L

4 February 2016 at 17:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The garden is coming on well considering the time of year. If I use the credit card(not likely)interest is small but also I may pay it off in full so it just gives a bit of breathing space. For now, its still standing :-)

I hope I can wait until February is out of the way.

6 February 2016 at 06:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home