My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 25, 2015

A Little Extra Time...

An insight to a Christmas on my own...

I laid in bed for another hour or so listening to the radio and a repeat of a programme called Desert Island Discs which has been going for something like 60 years. A guest(usually a public figure)chooses 8 favourite discs that means something to them and they talk of their life. I'd slept through it a week ago. The guest this time was the Astronaut Commander Chris Hadfield.

I nipped downstairs to start the dryer off to finally dry some clothes and added the new(did I mention them before?)something called Tumble Balls. I try not to use the dryer these days having set up a washing line in the garden again. However, when the whether is bad as it can be in the Winter its handy. Then again for the rare times its used it probably makes little difference to my electric bill anyhow.

Back to the balls. My energy company spent ages talking me through ways to save money and every time they suggested a tip, I was already doing it. The only thing I had not tried was putting "balls" into the dryer. Its said that it reduces the time the dryer needs to be on and improves static and reduces the wrinkles in clothes.

We'll see, I have them and they are being used. They already cost me approx £3.50 so I am already out of pocket. The power company mentioned that some pound shops and supermarkets stock them so they could be cheap. I tried a big supermarket and two pound shops without any luck. By cnance I found them in Home Bargains.

I am sitting here having a coffee and couple of biscuits, I will probably play a few Facebook Games, tweet a little and then around 9.30am get shaved, dressed(put on a Christmas jumper)of course.

Wash some food containers out to take with me to my Christmas invite for bringing food home.

If I can free some space on my computer I'll record some radio whilst I am out to listen to later, if not I'll listen online later.

I have some TV and Radio to catch up on if the computer does not decide to break on me later.

Mainly documentaries on entertainment figures and comedy shows I have to admit. I'll probably snuggle under the duvet to do that. One of the few occasions I bother with TV and there is not much I am truly interested in this festive season. It would appear so when you pick and choose and are able to watch one thing after another.

The weather has improved outside, there is blue in the sky, some fluffy clouds, the roads and paths are drying out too, No one about at present but no doubt as the morning progresses people who have arranged for family get together's will arrive and there will be many parked cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home