My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Trip Yesterday Changed...

I missed the early bus by seconds. I sat in Tesco's which is near by for almost an hour until the next. As I said I stuck to one supermarket and came out, caught the bus home(I could not get anymore in the shopping trolley or my back pack)and I did not want to drag them around.

I made it home and this happens a lot. On the way here my mind was wandering on the bus and I was thinking of someone. Within seconds of getting off the bus a car pulled up beside me and "That" person was in the car and brought me to my house...with my shopping.

OK its only a couple of streets but it made a difference and was very welcome.

I put everything away, took painkillers and headed back out and just caught the bus service I had only used perhaps an hour ago. This time going back in the direction I had been earlier. I was slightly away from the stop but the driver pulled in and gave me time to board.

I called into a shop and purchased baking/roasting trays/tins and then caught a bus to Darlington. I found the Christmas cards I wanted, small stocking fillers, my Christmas jumper*(its lovely)it was reduced and actually cheaper than another I was thinking of getting elsewhere and nearer my bus stops so I did not have to walk as far as originally planned.

I caught a bus service that stops near the Tesco's on my town(exciting this tale isn't it?)so with shopping trolley I got the booze for a person's Christmas gift and thought I'd treat myself. I purchased bread/bread buns, garlic, blackberries, grapes, cream, milk. Everything fell into place.

The coming week therefore should run like clockwork. As for saving on Taxi fares over Christmas...I would've walked to my Christmas Lunch and back home(slowly)but a taxi has been booked and I am sharing so though more expensive than normal fares, it will be less and from door to door.

Yesterday was certainly mild. Though windier than expected. That kept changing through the day. Later in the day though it did not rain there must have been dampness in the air because the pavements and roads had a kind have had a greasiness about them.

If it stays mild and I feel as I do I may have another look out today as the week goes on I will probably not bother, as I said having all I need I can avoid the shops on my town too, there isn't really anything much on my town than shops. There doesn't seem to be any events taking place either. I have no idea where I am travelling to either. Or how long. I may just ride the buses. As long as I am home by 7.45 I can share a taxi with my friends to our Sunday evening out.

It was busy but busier than normal I am not really able to say. Perhaps it depended on the time of day and which shops you were in.

*The impression is that I have many Christmas jumpers...I don't but if I spread the wearing of them over December and get them out annually, as the designs change mine are unique within a year. Some are just a winter design/pattern so are OK for wearing during Winter,

A couple of my jumpers play music not that I use it. Luckily I can unpick the compartment containing the music gadget so I will be able to wash the jumpers and stitch it back into place if I wish to. It must be a big problem for anyone who buys a jumper containing little Christmas lights. I guess those have a limited life. As they are unwashable and chances are eventually the little wires/bulbs stop working.

Update:A spanner in the works I purchased someone a large bottle of vodka for Christmas(she drinks it)but tonight she said the last "Big" bottle she had she gave away. She does not know I have purchased one. So now I am thinking that I may buy a smaller bottle but what to give to make up the value. What I am thinking of is not exactly personal...I wonder if I should buy a small slow cooker as an alternative like the one I have just purchased for myself. The large bottle of vodka won't be wasted as I can use it!

As for the bingo there was just two of us, I won and we now share, we almost broke even. I think I was approx £4 down. But that's better than being down by a lot more and in the end, it was a night out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because I said how many Christmas jumpers do you need, you don't have to keep justifying how many you have, you know. ;) If you want to collect Christmas jumpers, all power to your elbow! ;)

I just think personally that you could allocate the money for them to things perhaps you need more, like taxi fares to get to your clubs/carol services, but that's just my personal opinion, and if you want Christmas jumpers more than taxi fares to carol services, then that's all fine. :) Your life, your choice. :)

A-L

20 December 2015 at 09:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

:-) The only nights I am missing this year are Boxing Day night/New Year's Eve. I'm going to watch a film(that's rare for me)

I did make it to at least one carol service, the weather messed up my plans for Durham Cathedral.

I've just been doing a veg and chicken casserole in the slow cooker but my impression is that it is more like a home made soup unless I add gravy powder.

And I think I said the Music Club is not taking a break and the club I am missing some events is still on Sundays.

Maybe its a wrong impression but I don't think its as busy as other years in the shops(or maybe I'm in the wrong shops)

I had another look out today I am still short of "Little" Christmas gifts but I'm getting there.

Spennymoor surprised me again as they have a large Home Bargains next to Iceland.

My energy supplier spent an hour telling me tips to save money and I had beaten them to their advice(I doubt they can get my usage down any further)except they suggested some kind of balls to put into the tumble dryer which will reduce how long you need to have it on(I now only use the dryer in bad weather)during Winter. Home Bargains had them today.

I'm just taking crisps and cake to the buffet tonight and the Co-op had reduced a fancy cake from £2 to 49p. White chocolate and prosecco flavour. I found some free range eggs reduced from £1.99 to 99p.

I have some shortbread as stocking fillers so quite a good day. Just have to wrap them up.

20 December 2015 at 16:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home