My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Tasks For Christmas Eve...

I will see if I can find any prawns to add to sandwiches/salads. They'll go mad today in the supermarket(they open again on Boxing Day)Unless you are entertaining as long as you have bread, milk, tea and coffee(leftovers from Christmas Lunch)or soup, baked beans etc...in the cupboard you'll survive.

I'll go to my friend's house(he's out)as his Father...I am to sort out my presents so I know who is getting what and to write on the tags. I haven't all my cards sent out this year(not many were missed)and I have to pop a few into the letterboxes of people who live near me. I may wait until its dark to do that task.

Feeling quite good. I'll have a quick tidy around of the house later in the day and re arrange the storing of my food that is not in the fridge/freezer and get it into the pantry so its not on show in the kitchen.

And I'll make the effort to have something nice for my evening meal(and perhaps supper later)I don't usually do supper.

I may watch the Christmas service on the TV around midnight...I don't think I'll venture out this year to my local church. Not that I feel unsafe, I have done it before(I have memories of going with Mum and Dad and coming out into a stillness and freshly fallen snow)then walking home and then maybe having a chicken sandwich and a cup of tea(I don't remember having turkey)and we'd open our presents and then go to bed. It seems such a long time ago.

And here's a thing for many years my best friend used to go with us and...though born in this country he was of Indian decent and he was never told by his parents not to attend and they also celebrated and embraced Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home