My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Eight Hours...

That's approx how long it took me to assemble and decorate my Christmas Tree. If I am honest I am still unhappy with my effort. You have to learn though. I wasn't rough with the tree but a branch did snap off annoyingly.

Also without making the branches smaller, I cannot get it through the doorway so it will have to stay in the spare bedroom(box room)and I do hope that some it can be seen from outside.

If they do a deal and reduce the prices of trees again this year I may purchase a smaller one which may be better for other rooms in the house and that one can be placed where I can see it.

It may considered bad luck but I may cover the tree with a sheet and leave it decorated until next year. The thought of decorating it again is not appealing. I may snap more branches too.

I have 80 decorations that I cannot use but they will be spare for breakages or to be used on another tree. And to be honest they were really cheap as they do were reduced in price when I purchased them.

Hopefully an image will be posted soon and I'll add more to this post later.

Update:Fun they say...I haven't quite distributed the lights as I should've. And the 100 strand isn't enough so do I re-arrange what is already on the tree? Then add another set. I have another two(in the house)another 100 will be enough. I may just continue from where the first set ends this time. There's always next year.

Funny to think I have more than enough decorations(too many)but the opposite is true with the lights.

Update2:Another set of lights have been added and it was easier and quicker to add those than the first set but...I still could've done with spacing them better or another 50 lights to complete the task well. It has improved matters(the part of the tree that is unlit has been turned so its out of sight)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But decorating is part of the fun! How come it took you 8 HOURS?

A-L

23 December 2015 at 14:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Aches and pains. Annoying to be sitting here with broken 5" twig. Oh alright, I'll give in to the Christmas spirit. :-)

I have finally purchased the last gift! Its a wine(rosé)called Pink Chill(?)available at the Co-Op I have been assured I have the right one by the Assistant's in the shop. I hope so.

I fancied some prawns but I don't want frozen. I'll have a look perhaps tomorrow.

Tonight...I rest. I feel reasonably happy. I've put money in the bank to cover bills. That may cover me for a couple of months.

I think my rent is paid until the end of the month but if I find the payment card I may pay that in the next couple of days.

Now I draw my horns in(?)and spend little building up my money again.

I shall eat, drink and be merry.

I go to Christmas Lunch at Midday on Friday and come home around 5pm.

23 December 2015 at 17:12  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

When say pain that's being unsteady on my legs without something to hang onto. Things improved as I worked further down the tree and also taking breaks during the task.

23 December 2015 at 20:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh...how big was it? I can assemble and decorate a 5ft tree in about an hour from my wheelchair - I just pull the tree over and prop it against something at an angle to sort the top bits out LOL :D

Handy tip Gildy - lights on FIRST! :)

A-L

24 December 2015 at 08:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

What a good idea(as in propping the tree at an angle) How tall 6'ft? (I'm 5' 4")Lights first...now you tell me :-) Doh!

At least its up and running :-)

Now about to head out for a bus in driving rain :-(

24 December 2015 at 09:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home