My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 21, 2015

Fatal...

to say that you are finished with shopping. Technically...I am but a change of Christmas presents for a couple of people means that I "have" to do another trek into retail.

So its a smaller bottle of vodka, soft drinks* a slow cooker, some boxes of shortbread(I'll have a couple)and give a couple for stocking fillers. These biscuits are good value(decent size and price)from the Coop, its a pity they decided to print the price on the box(they only cost £1)I'd like to find a calendar featuring trains just to top up my friends selection.

Some of the people I have purchased for have had a reasonable amount spent on them but because the gifts are small it looks a though they've been given less. But it should not come down to that...a gift is a gift. Its more than money.

It gets difficult when three of the people you are buying for due to health and age issues(can't eat/drink certain things)there is a young teenager girl. That leaves one who is OK with booze and another who you can choose anything.

Its like me...for now I can eat/drink anything but some things have to be in moderation...it may not always be so.

Anyhow, I am going to try and do it all today. That leaves the next four days for pottering around at home, No shops until the New Year. I suspect I will be avoiding every sale**. Again unless I pop out to get bread. I have 6 litres of milk in the house(with good dates on them)Fresh/filtered, long life and powdered.

I tried out a reduced chocolate and Prosecco cake last night(reduced in price)and found it was nice...so the rest of it is going to the music club and on to our table(a friend is bringing some nibbles)I have one of my own in the house to have with perhaps a cup of coffee or tea. The price of the two still worked out cheaper than paying for a full priced cake.

*For me.

** If they reduce any left over Christmas lights. trees, decorations and cards that is all that I may give in on so I can perhaps put something around a window for next year. But I won't be putting lights on the exterior of the property.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get your Christmas tree up? You were saying you were going to have one up - would be nice to see a photo. :)

A-L

21 December 2015 at 13:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Will do...Today was my most tiring shopping trip of all. Planning to rest and then perhaps wrap presents and see what I actually have.

Then I'll hopefully drop them off before the music club tomorrow night so I don't have to struggle with them on the day.

21 December 2015 at 16:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home