My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Broke Even...

Won a fair bit on our little bingo session today. Made up for last night. Could've kept it in my pocket but it paid for my milk, bread, strawberries, blackberries and more wild red salmon(reduced)so I'm eating well again.

I rarely use my main cooker anymore. I have my combination microwaves. I have my slow cookers and though not used yet I have a two hob gadget that I could use to fry/boil food on when needed.

So now I'm thinking for use upstairs and not taking up much room and I could work between the two(I have a slow cooker here already)and it saves me always having to keep going into the kitchen. A multi cooker unit that steams. cooks, roasts, sautes, soups, curries etc...and can be easily programmed. Its a fancy slow cooker I suppose. A little more versatile. My present slow cookers are very basic. At £40 it doesn't seem that expensive when a small slow cooker costs around £10-£12. I'll think about it. They can be easily hidden away and are portable unlike a microwave.

It turned into a horrible night of weather upon coming home...freezing rain. I was a little cold earlier on but with my extremities covered(hat, fingerless gloves, slippers and dressing gown)and lots of hot drinks I feel quite warm. I'm warmer now than earlier that's for sure. Even been able to remove some items. I had all kind of plans for meals when I came home but I have made do with coffee and cake.

As said earlier I dread what we'll be told after the budget on Wednesday(not as if we can change what he has planned)just have to try and live on less no doubt. I'll not find out what the damage is until I get home from our trip (mentioned in the last blog entry)Its always been bad even when Mum and Dad were alive but some extent I was protected, now that safety net has been removed.

There is a Christmas market from Thursday in Darlington's Market Place(they are switching on the Christmas lights that evening)but I can't stay to see that. It could turn out to be quite busy but we have no idea what the weather may be like. I don't mind a little cold, even light rain, snow won't keep me  away but if its another like today I'd rather be home.

There may not be anything being sold to interest me. May be too expensive too. The last few times they've advertised a special market I have turned up and found nothing there. It is said this time nearly all the pitches have been taken so we'll see.

Don't have many events, trips planned and Christmas is creeping up on us all...I may decorate my tree this weekend. I may attend a memorial service at the local church for loved one's no longer with us on Sunday. There are a couple of Christmas "Parties" due soon(December 11th/15th)and a few outdoor events around Durham I may try to attend.

And perhaps in the next few weeks I'll try and play some Christmas music which I have neglected since Mum passed away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home