My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Durham Trip Called Off...

I was staying at home and then discovered an event taking place on Newcastle Quayside from dusk until Midnight(I can't stay for more than a couple of hours)so I am off now to catch buses there. More to say later so this post will change upon my return. Wish me luck. There could be images and possibly video.

Update:I did not need to stay that long and made tracks home sooner than planned but did see the display that was put on for the 15th anniversary of the Millenium Bridge. I found myself chatting with someone for a little while. Amazing how many did not know of the anniversary nor realise the change in the lighting pattern for "One night only!"

Good job I came home when I did as it became decidedly colder and in the early hours we had...snow. That turned to freezing rain.

On Saturday evening I went to a village approx 3 miles away but to avoid extra taxi fares I had to take a detour by bus of approx 13 miles and add an hour in each direction. There is no direct bys from my town there(not even one that takes a slightly different route)I used to pass through the village quite often in the days when I used to drive a car. I also had to pass through the village to take Mum to see her sister who used to love even further out of the way but its years since I actually spent time there and it was my first time in the village hall.

I saw the Durham Miner's Association Brass Band and very good it was too.

(Tonight's bingo, Sunday)has been called off by friends and I am tempted to stay home but I'm going to get shaved and go on my own. Its a look out. Luckily there is a bus runs past the club and the times match so I can get there OK and home afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home