My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

They're Creepy And They're Spooky...

and lots of fun.

I went to Durham for the opening night of the musical The Adams Family performed by Durham University's Drama group. I don't do musicals but this is the second production of their's that I have seen. And I am being won over. I was already impressed with Anything Goes in January and the next production I believe also in January(next year)is Kiss Me Kate. It was a great night of entertainment. Much talent. I wish I lived a little closer to Durham but if the public transport stays as it is or ever improves I can manage.

What is awkward is that there is a direct bus to Durham every 20 minutes or so. Then around 17.40 you have a bus to Durham(a little early for theatre shows)the next only goes halfway, so you are stuck between destinations. The next goes to Durham but that gets you there too late for most theatre shows. Then though hourly the rest all go there. Luckily, I can usually catch that early bus. I fear that they will change things. There are alternative ways but that means changing buses and adding extra miles.

The show started a little late but that was due to the fact that so many decided to go to first night. I avoided dashing down to the bus station for the bus at 10.15pm no way would I make it, The time went reasonably quickly. I caught the last bus 11.15pm into my town by 11.50pm. A quick shop at Tesco's and home by Midnight forty. By then it was getting quite wild out there and I was walking into a strong wind.

Coming back over Framwellgate bridge I could see how fast the river was flowing and how high it is. To me quite near to washing over the walkway near some of the retail area but so far it hasn't happened.

Its a cold day today even though my thermometer says 18c in my bedroom. Time for extra clothing I think. I have had two bowls of beef and vegetable stew. Plenty of coffee and as I am going out soon I won't be bothered too much.

I had look out the landing window an hour ago and found though sun was shining there was frost on the garage roof and roads so I guess that proves just how cold it is. It won't get any better now as the night draws in. There is talk of possibly snow for tomorrow, we shall see.

I was slow but thanks to painkillers and taking my time I did manage reasonably well, better than at the Lumiere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home