My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 06, 2015

You Never Know What Is Going To Drop In Your Lap...

I believe that I mentioned going to Remembrance services in Durham on Sunday weather and health permitting. And then by chance later today a big departmental store in Newcastle upon Tyne reveals its Christmas window display. I remember seeing "some" of them as a child and it was something many looked forward too.

Fenwick's window is something still appreciated by the public and they still continue the tradition. Its been decades since I saw it or gave it a thought to be honest. I suddenly got it into my head that I would go and see it again(a bit of nostalgia)

However, tomorrow and into late January of next year a museum in Newcastle I have never visited before is looking at 40 years of Fenwick's Christmas window displays. How important it was/is to the company/city/people of the area.

Also the toys sold in their big toy department over the years. I thought that I could see both and perhaps visit on the same day so that's Saturday taken care of. Being in the city I thought I could divert in the early evening back to the Quayside and experience that in the now dark evenings and see it illuminated which I usually don't have the chance to for the usual issue on lack of public transport back to my home.

But the early onset of night during Autumn and Winter allows me to get around that. That plan has been changed now as I know of a concert being given by Ferryhill Town Band at a local Methodist Church so I will come home in time to see that and go back to the Quayside another day quite soon.

I may've been trying to do too much. And I can rest on the bus journey home and take a bus that will bring me to the town the band are playing. And the concert should finish so I can catch a bus home before the service ends for the night. A taxi would be too expensive.

Next weekend its the concert in Sedgefield and the Lumiere event in Durham City again. More on those later.

Therefore I will spend today close to home, do a little more tidying. I have cleared some of my food store away for the rubbish collection day and I think I'll make another meal in the slow cooker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home