My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

A Beautiful Service...

at Durham cathedral but it went on longer than I expected and there was no way I was going to make the 9.15pm bus so I didn't try. It is still misty but not as foggy as yesterday. I caught the 10.15pm bus but for some reason we were diverted so that bus was late home. I lit a candle for loved ones that have passed away. I was thinking of Mum, Dad and my Gran. I could've taken communion but decided not to make the effort with my mobility issues. I was there and that's what matters. The sermon was very interesting and spoke to me. I was in the same seat as yesterday.

I reached home after 11pm.

Taking my time from the Cathedral to the bus station I called into a supermarket and managed to get 6kg of quality potatoes worth £6 for...32p. Some Belly Pork too which had been reduced. My slow cooker is still bubbling away and I'm hungry. As I am not going to bed yet I will have a late supper.

A kind person carried my shopping for me. There's still good people about.

I did some shopping earlier in the day(milk/bread)and brought that home first. Saved having to do it later and again I hit the right time and managed to get some good quality scones and bread also reduced.

Today I will take it easy...Seems milder/warmer than the past day or two both outside and indoors. Though slow coming home, the painkillers masked any pain when walking so I did quite well*

For those who have read a long way back you may remember a Walter Mitty type character that kind've latched onto me. You may remember(or I'm not sure if I mentioned it)he moved but is now based in...Durham. Somehow...he seems to hone in on me. I say he's based in Durham...he was but now he's living in a village and as buses don't run as regularly I may not see him as often as I was doing so.

I managed to make my excuses and chat seeming to be interested.  He says that he's appearing in a music production at a big venue at the end of November and hopes that I will go(and buy a ticket)but its a Sunday, buses are difficult, the tickets expensive and the last time he said he was taking part in a production and he did get me to go...he wasn't in it. I was lucky to get home that night. So you won't be surprised that I will not be going. I did not promise just said I'd make a note of the date and it would depend if I had other commitments.

*I have slept very well and pain free too...so a good result all round. To be able to put my legs in any position(steady now)without aches and restlessness is very welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home