My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Autumn Is Here For Sure...

I keep saying I dislike this time of year. I do probably because it means either being cold or weighing up the cost of putting the heating on. As in staying healthy and seeing no damage to the property. I still dislike the early dark nights and darker mornings.

On the other hand if/when the sun does shine for the few hours we do see it I will concede that with it being weaker it has lovely glow about it and that extends on whatever the rays shine upon. And who could not enjoy seeing the change in the colour of the trees though until my shrubs are sorted...its said to see eventually so much of the area with nothing growing. Colourless.

I will also perhaps admit for the short period of time they are allowed. It is nice to see some of the illuminations and lights that decorate streets around Christmas time.

And yes if you live near an event like Blackpool illuminations or as I managed recently a smaller event at Sunderland Roker Park and hopefully what is promised in Durham in approx a fortnight "The Lumiere" I suppose it makes this time of year less daunting and miserable.

I was listening to a couple of older people a couple of days ago, my memory is failing me and I cannot for the life of me remember where and yes, they still ride on buses to get out of the house to feel as though they are part of the community, they still go the Library(if one is open)or go to a local Café and make a cup of tea last ages because its warmer and they can save the cost of heating back home.

Last evening it was not quite dark at 6pm but here we are coming up to 4.30pm and already the night is drawing in. I'm complaining but for those living further south, it will be darker around 30 mins sooner than for me.

I was going to make the effort to go out and get some vitamins and my computer magazine(I forgot to buy it a fortnight ago)the new one is out tomorrow. However, I decided as I pass the supermarket to reach the bus stop for the music club I will go out a little earlier and pop in then.

Its been quiet but I have had a couple of cheese scones and coffee in the afternoon. I made the effort but that's when you miss a loved one(as in my Mum)and shared an afternoon tea. I do think you bother more when there is someone around. I have some of my pork stew which I will warm up and have around 5pm. I'll shave. I'm dressed. I'll take my small rucksack with me and take some crisps for tonight for those on my table. Get the magazine/vitamins and perhaps some more food containers.

If I can find my Tesco vouchers I can double their worth and use them for some Christmas decorations and I may buy a smaller tree to the one I purchased when reduced at the start of the year.

I'm thinking that I may put that tree(when decorated in my bedroom)seeing I spend much of my time in here. I'll only see it. If I get a small one I may stand it(decorated)in the small bedroom near the window. So it can be seen outside. They have some very good offers and a variety lovely items for Christmas this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home