My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 06, 2015

I Had A Little(And It Was Small)

win at the bingo last evening so the night only cost me £2.30. Sadly and it is part of life, one of the gentlest ladies I found had passed away on Wednesday evening. I hadn't seen her seven days(because we did not have an afternoon meeting this week on Monday)but she did have a couple of wins on the last time she was present. I have no idea what was wrong(no reason why I should)I have heard but no idea if its true that she has left her body to medical science. We're waiting to see if she had a cause she wanted a collection/donations towards.

I'm back on my stews and soups. I have one ready in the slow cooker. I have some Irish Beef Steak mince now so have an attempt at my own cottage pie or Spaghetti Bolognese(that will be a first)I could've gone for extra lean beef but what I did buy is still quite lean(not that much fat, less than 15%)and being reduced in price I managed to get a much larger amount for my money(600g)

Oh and I don't know if I'll enjoy them but I also have some Toffee Apple Pork Sausages to try.

I've wheedled out some of my food store and thrown some items away(not that much actually)I have some of those packet mixes(they were on offer)to make the meal a little more tasty(I have some in the house(I can't find them)I'll look over the weekend.

Its another dull day weather wise, it has rained and no doubt will again. Temperature in my bedroom has creeped up(without any central heating to 18c/66f)and whilst I'm not warm, I'm not cold either. I hope this Winter will be mild. Its easier to stick a jumper on, have a hot drink/a warm meal.

I have another hospital appointment on Thursday, not really something to look forward to but they have to be done. I'll not get better but as long as I don't deteriorate to any great sense that is something.

Update:I think my plans remain the same but I can see the museum and Fenwick's window more or less any day I choose. I now find out I could attempt to see a flying display of birds of pray again close to home on Saturday so wonder if I should go there instead and the brass band concert in the evening. Or proceed as I was going to. I/we'll know soon enough. Midweek may not be as busy for Newcastle as a Saturday will be.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, have you never made a Spag Bol before? :O

A-L

6 November 2015 at 18:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I've never lived :-)I've seen a few recipes these past days online. I thought all it involved was Spaghetti, mince and chopped tomatoes. Perhaps I did have a couple of times without realising. Seems I can jazz it up a little.

Never thought about adding onions, diced bacon, cheese, celery etc...seems its basically a case of adding whatever you wish to the mix.

Once I brown the mince it looks as though I can pop it into a slow cooker and keep it ticking over until I decide to cook the spaghetti.

If I make too much I can hold some of the mince and sauce back for another meal.

It would appear its all about the sauce...I've just read about a sauce recipe and that(and why not)it can be cooked in a microwave within 10mins and used as suits.

7 November 2015 at 07:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Nigel Slater's recipe looks a little more special if I want to be a bit more adventurous.

7 November 2015 at 07:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of mince (though I am not a vegetarian) so I use quorn mince instead. :)

A-L

7 November 2015 at 17:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That would work :-) You've given me another option.

7 November 2015 at 22:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home