My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Bedraggled...

If I'm honest...my music night on Friday could've been better and I appeared to be the only person in the room not as impressed by the headlining act. But I'm not going to mention the name of the act nor the venue. I don't deliberately do that kind of thing.

I managed the Durham Lumiere event but was battling against the terrain, my slowness, the crowds(naturally)but mainly the weather...constant rain. Some people had umbrellas, I tried to use my brolly(occasionally)but it was a losing battle. I was going to get wet whatever I did. And its going to take a while to dry out the clothes/heavy coat I had on unless I stick them in the Tumble dryer which has just crossed my mind.

If I had not had other things on(Thursday/Friday)and today(plus Sunday Bus Service)I may've returned to see what I actually missed. I did not see everything. I am unsure how much I missed(I don't know how many pieces of art were on show across the city)I believe that I managed perhaps ten in total.

And though the buses home compared to other areas were fewer(some areas were having more frequent services put on)but on my route they were running double deckers so one bus was the equivalent of two.

You can't stop it happening but as virtually all buses pass through the centre/suburbs of Durham City the locals can catch any bus which can mean that those who need to travel further out to neighbouring towns may find it difficult to find a spare place on a service that is more more limited than others.

I managed to get the 10.15pm out of the bus station. I would've loved to have sat on one of the few seats that are in the building but was afraid of losing my place. And my other option of sitting/kneeling on the floor(and I have done that before)was out because the floor was all wet and dirty from everyone's shoes with all the rain that had come down for hours.

By chance I discovered that I had missed another play in Durham the other week by only a day. However, the Durham Students who have a big input of high quality talent have(again I discover by chance)another production starting on Wednesday until Saturday so I plan to be there. I can go any night but Thursday. I don't know if its an adaptation of a TV script or the film but they are doing the Adams Family.

As I write its not raining but it still could start again tonight(the weather forecast is not good)and I have my bingo night anyhow. Rested I feel I could go out again but where do I want to go with the days shorter and I don't want to spend un-necessarily. Its good to have a lazy "pottering" around the home day. There will probably be many more of these days between now and April.

Its funny Thursday night I slept badly and in pain(and can't say I did a great deal during the day)I even felt quite good when I went to bed. Yet coming home from the music club and even after the Lumiere I slept well(and the pain level was much improved)

Oh regarding my Hospital appointment on Thursday...this new consultant is very approachable and friendly. I have found out ways/means to work around my condition and the meds I take. I do hope he'll be as supportive as my own Dr's if things get difficult with those who send forms out and test whether you are fit to work/what you can do/what you're entitled to. The future is uncertain for many on that score. And the media/some politicians and uninformed people are causing stress for the genuine people(of which there are many more)it appears to be called "Hate" crime these days.

What I have discovered is that if I think I have gout...statins can interfere with their affect so my consultant does not mind me dropping statins for a week or so whilst taking the gout tablets. This assumes I don't get into drinking cherry juice again(which is more natural)He says I can take occasionally breaks from statins without the effect of managing cholesterol being affected. Though I forgot my bloods they were taken after we'd talked and he did not envisage much change but said he'd phone if there was anything to worry over.

Another point was blood pressure. Officially most charts say they want you(diastolic reading of 80)you should fall between the 90-120 systolic range. But you know what? I often fall between 120-130 which pre high blood pressure so I have been doing all I can to be nearer 115. When I talked with my consultant he said that he is happy even if I am even as high as 130. In fact he said if I was around 113 he might be concerned that my blood pressure is too low and around that point it is likely I'd feel "Dizzy" So I'm going to accept and not get too concerned if I am in the 120-130 range.

If all is well I don't see him again until March.

I think I'll be warm enough if I go back to bed or should I stay up put extra clothes on but even without the Central Heating on in my bedroom the temperature has crept up to just under 20c/68f and don't they say that's the setting for CH when you do put it on?

I may have some soup later on(and set another meal away in the slow cooker)If that isn't eaten today at least it can be warmed up tomorrow. And its a quick and tasty meal. Probably two or three meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home