My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 02, 2015

Monday Morning Blues...

I was dead to the world...slept but was too deep in sleep to wake up and take pain killers(but it was nagging away in the background)I was in a world of my own and dreaming my own personal hell. It seemed to go on for hours. So I haven't woke in the best frame of mind. It will improve as the day goes on.

Its a misty, dull kind of a day weather wise. Going to have my meds. I have had coffee, toast and marmalade. Though the date on the milk is fine and the date too. I think its going off. So I will have to consider buying a new one and throw this one away.

I think I shall put something in the slow cooker late afternoon, take off to Durham and attend the "All Saints Service" this evening. Due to bus services though it will be over by 8.30pm I probably won't be home before 10pm. That will give me 45mins to get from the cathedral to the bus station.

I may've said before(and I'd forgotten this trick)but when making soups/stews in the slow cooker stock however its made is often watery. Even if you use those packet sauces. So I cheat using gravy granules. Another trick is(and I discovered it on line)to add some instant mash flakes to the liquid. It doesn't spoil the taste. As I write another idea(if its to be a soup)would be rather than leave it chunky...to mash up the vegetables which again would thicken up the liquid.

I may have to go online and investigate further. I never know what to call my slow cooked meals because they could be seen as homemade soups/casseroles or stews. Thankfully, I don't tire of them especially during the colder seasons.

I saw a programme on TV the other day and the cook was using mutton chops. I have seen lamb and mutton mince sold as a combined mix in a supermarket but never seen any mutton on its own. I haven't seen it in any of the local butchers. Perhaps it depends where you live. In these days of people making do its a bit surprising someone isn't selling it.

Well, I shall away and get shaved. Dressed, prepare my meal and make certain I am out in good time. The latest I can leave is around 5.30pm(which means I am in Durham around 6.30pm)and that gives me 45mins to be in the Cathedral or possibly I may be able to connect to a bus that will get me nearer to it and save me walking part of the way,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home