My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Come back another day...

That put paid to trips out or gardening...it will be done...eventually. Also though I could go on my own I can save some money and food tonight(I think)as the bingo has been called off unless things change.

The husband of my friend's Mother(does that make sense?)the one who had the major op in hospital and is in his 80's has been rushed into hospital again. They said they were keeping him in. Then around Midnight when everyone had come home. Around 2am they sent him home again.

By 9am he was back there again and is now admitted onto a ward. I have had a message tonight has been called off which I quite understand. Its easy to criticise and medicine is still not an exact science.

So a mixed day and if things stay as they are tomorrow's little afternoon bingo could be called off too. Quite understandable.

My friend on the other hand though doing well has been told that he will be returning to hospital(probably in November)they say for an op(probably an overnight stay)and done via keyhole surgery. And suffice to say what is planned is very clever and hopefully will stop future complications.

So for the rest of the day I'll potter about, do some more housework and if I am not going out perhaps have a meal. If I don't go out tonight/tomorrow the money saved has paid for next Friday's night out at the music club in the neighbouring town(ticket and a taxi just for me, if I don't share a lift or taxi with someone else coming back this way)Sunday nights are also a good for radio listening which since going out on Sundays I usually miss it. I always seem to forget to use the online radio player to listen another day.

Update:That Putting On The Ritz Music show that I am supposed to see tomorrow at the local theatre starts its short run tonight and a quick look at the venues and dates would suggest there is a regular team of dancers in the cast but the "Main" guests are taking turns and appear in some shows and not others.

In the production I see from Strictly Come Dancing(I am none the wiser)there will be Robin Windsor and Anya Garnis but no clue who else but other venues have more dancers appearing on the same night. Also some venues have Pixie Lott as a cast member. It could be that Ray Quinn could be in the cast, not sure. Our version could be a slimmed down version because of the size of the theatre stage. And our theatre is down for a refurbishment sometime in the future. We've been paying a £1 levy on tickets for ages.

Update2:It would appear that there are various companies appearing around the UK at various theatres and the version at our local theatre unless you include the couple from Strictly Come Dancing were unknown but probably have been seen in many shows and they all worked very hard and  received a warm reception from the audience. Lots of energetic dance routines and costume changes. Any criticism? Could be a problem with the theatre rather than the company.

The theatre at Durham has better sound. That could be because the building is newer. But the local theatre though smaller when it does music I don't know whether the speakers used are too big or the acoustics aren't as good. Or they set the sound wrongly. There is often too much base and it sounds more like a rumble and the singers voices seem to get lost in the mix and are overwhelmed.

Whether this will change when they upgrade the theatre(make it larger)possibly change the sound system. I actually prefer to watch music shows in Durham but you don't always know if/when an artist will appear there.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you haven't mentioned names, but don't you think that it's rather impolite to be putting medical details of others on your blog? I know I would be absolutely horrified if I saw a friend of mine had been putting such details about me on a blog where anyone and everyone can read it.

A-L

12 October 2015 at 17:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Generally I don't discuss such matters but the truth is its out there and has been discussed in a public forum(elsewhere)I haven't broken any confidences. We're just concerned.

On a positive side... there is a slight improvement. At the risk of being accused of censorship I can amend/remove some of the detail.

13 October 2015 at 00:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think it's wrong and not a decent thing to do to put such details up in a public blog, whatever and whoever else puts them up in a public forum; that doesn't mean it's okay to do so.

And who the heck would accuse you of censorship? I haven't seen anyone else chatting to you on here for ages. (which is a shame)

Sometimes, we all need to employ a bit of self-censorship. :)

13 October 2015 at 07:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me, by the way. ;)

A-L

13 October 2015 at 07:24  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yep, you may've seen that I have taken action :-) I am so truthful I have never knowingly removed comments critical of me or of views that are different to mine.

But I have had my moments where I have been given a hard time and told that I did.

I probably would've re-read the post and changed it TBH. And chances are though I need not admit that I had I would say so.

13 October 2015 at 14:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home