My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 02, 2015

Oh You Never Saw My Images Of Woodhorn Colliery...

Where I was last Friday...showing the Weeping Poppies display coming off the wheel of one of the winding mechanisms that used to take the miners down the shaft to the seam where they dug for coal. I cannot post them all but here are a few.





On the way I passed by the Angel of the North and managed to get some images as the bus sped past and also the window was not very clean but they're not bad. Luckily there is a bus stop nearby and a regular bus service so hopefully I will get up close soon. I'm even thinking that as I am already in Durham tomorrow(all being well)and that event could be over by 3.30pm(if I have not seen all that there is to before then)I may board a bus and go the extra 14 miles to Low Fell and actually see it for myself. At that time it will still remain quite light for a couple of hours.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home