My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Just Could Not Manage To Attempt...

Another look out today. To be honest the weather is not particularly warm and the sun is not shining. I was amazed that I did not feel as tired as I thought I may after my trip out yesterday. It was a struggle at the time and I felt the effect more around 4am this morning. Lots of sleep, some painkillers and a cosy bed have all helped.

I was totally out of it and the plan for Saturday was almost thrown out but as late as 1pm I made the effort to go to Durham. If I caught any of the event it was a bonus. And if I missed it I would carry on to the Angel of the North or Newcastle.

The walk in Durham was longer and steeper than I expected and it was getting close to the scheduled time for the event to end. I missed the falconry display but did see all the birds on their stands and then found a route on the flat for most of the time and shorter than the one I had been advised to take. I'll know for another time. I have never ever walked along the river and my sense of direction was out. I thought that I was going somewhere else.

I was on the side where the Cathedral is amongst all those trees. And if you can look at the larger version of the image I somehow managed to walk from the bridge in the distance to where I took the photo. I was very slow but happy that there were a few seats along the way. I am amazed and pleased that my determination was so strong to have actually managed to walk such a distance.

It was misty all day around my part of the North East, not enough sun to burn it off.




I returned home quite quickly and put off the rest of my plans for another day.

There were as many as eleven birds of pray but I assume they do not all take part in the display. Some may be too old or too young and some at different stages of training.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you getting your scooter?

A-L

5 October 2015 at 13:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'll get one :-) Truth is as long as I stay where I am(am allowed to)I can afford an odd taxi here and there. I can take my time to go to the shops and a few places on the town. Its the journeys off town that is an issue.

If I could have a scooter waiting for me at the other end of a bus journey at my destination that would be great. :-)

But I fear that's not allowed. Though I have seen some pretty big disabled vehicles onto buses in the area such items are allowed.

5 October 2015 at 17:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Today was as different again. It really is a case of pacing yourself or adapting to your better days. I could go out just for the sake of it, however I'm staying in. I have food. Most places are now closed anyhow. Luckily I have my music club tomorrow night, the 60's night at the theatre booked ages ago on Wednesday and the little bingo club on Thursday and I'm splashing out on a more expensive music night than I probably should on Friday in a neighbouring town.

Whilst I have a bus pass I'll use it(one day they may take it away)and if I can share a taxi home it won't be too bad. There is a free buffet included with the night's entertainment too.

Apart from coming home Friday night buses get me practically to the door of all venues.

5 October 2015 at 17:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You keep saying in your blog how much you struggle here and there, so I don't understand why you don't find some alleviation of that at least locally by getting a scooter. Your blog often focuses on that - the struggling - more than it does the actual event you go to see.....I guess I find that weird. Being a wheelchair-user myself, I always write about the event/trip I go on - even if it's complicated/difficult for me, I don't keep going on about that aspect. We know you struggle, and are often in pain. I can understand that and have empathy. But what I can't understand is why you don't make some attempt to SORT it? A scooter would at least alleviate your local travel problems and your pain and tiredness.

I see people have asked you this in the past, going back two or three years in your blog? I just think it's such a shame that you seem no closer to getting one. Never mind about it being allowed on buses - just think how lovely it would be just to be able to have a "stroll" locally whenever you wanted, without the expense of taxis and worry of whether you'd miss a bus or have to sit and rest along the way or be in pain!

A-L

5 October 2015 at 18:55  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I guess there will be some who come across my blog occasionally and are not regulars/friends who take an interest as you do for which I thank you. And I take my lead from the positive attitude you have and un- patronisingly what you do and how you deal with your own situation.

I still enjoyed my trip to Durham on Saturday. And I am glad that I made the effort. TBH I am quite pleased with my determination to get out there and make myself do things.

Things have improved again, Saturday was one of the difficult days. Thanks again x

5 October 2015 at 19:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I can see both sides. I can see your side of things, but of course my own attitude to things like that overules, because my unerring instinct is that if I am struggling or in pain, I get on and SORT it out. I don't just think about sorting it or talk about sorting it, I just get on and DO it.

I also do understand now how past posters on your blog comments have become frustrated with you and kind of give up commenting. Of course, some of them have been downright rude and horrible - but the majority of them have made suggestions because they care and want to give advice. Then they get frustrated because they don't see you taking on any of that advice and still talking about struggling and being in pain, when at least some remedy and alleviation of your pain and tiredness is able to be sorted, like getting a scooter.

Okay....so if you take your lead from me - then get out in that garden and plant your bloody shrubs that you invested money in, before they keel over and die! ;) If it helps, I usually allot myself one big task to do a day - make the shrub planting yours today! ;)

I want to see photos of them on your blog in-situ! ;)

A-L

6 October 2015 at 09:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Images will go up...weather isn't helping at present. Big rain storms for days and I just got indoors around Midnight and the heavens opened.

I tend to work like that. A daily task. Or a few over a number of days. Still haven't seen any wall flowers on sale. I have seen some nice pansies though so may get those in the next day or two.

Its not essential but I am thinking I may look into having one of those external lights that come on when people are close to the porch at the front of the house.

Next door has one. Not sure what it entails...as in, what type and how you install one and then who to ask to do it for me.

I thought it was quiet next door, turns out they've been on holiday for around three weeks. First night home and there was banging on walls and noises in the back garden...they're back!

7 October 2015 at 02:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home