My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 08, 2015

Weather Was Better Today...

Having trouble with my neighbours though. Its old news and there are blog entries going back of previous run ins...if you go back far enough.

Lived here approx 50+ years and never ever had problems. Then a few years before Mum became terminally ill someone moved from a house across the road and purchased the semi next to mine. They gutted their house(one of them is a builder by trade)they took away much of the garden, built  a conservatory, put down flagstones and laid a large patio. Built a shed too.

Any wildlife we had disappeared and again without going over old ground they managed to get rid of the dividing fence between my property and theirs, also my trees(which were not near any property)I am such a peaceful soul I just gave in.

When Mum was at her worst health wise we had their Rottweiler dog howling all hours and even karaoke nights until the early hours and barbecues. The dog continued to howl until May when it died.

I'm so considerate I tend to live in my back bedroom. I rarely watch TV downstairs and am mindful of how loud I have the TV because I don't want to disturb anyone. I'll never get the effect of the stereo sound because its so low. I am almost paranoid about being a noisy neighbour.

I moved to the other end of the house because I know she sleeps in the front bedroom. I also know that no one sleeps in the adjoining bedroom to mine. I even check how loud I play my radio(a basic one speaker job)not a ghetto blaster(I don't own a hi-fi)by going into the other rooms to see if its noisy and I keep all doors closed. I cannot hear it anywhere upstairs or downstairs only in the room where it is.

But she's put another note through the door saying she is being kept awake at 4am by my radio. Its on so low even I struggle to hear it. It has a bar of blocks showing how loud you are playing it. Highest is level sixteen. I usually have it on a setting of six. Also I tend to listen to speech not music, When her son was living there he played music at all hours and it was that "House" type music with a lot of base and repetitive thumping. It was so loud my windows rattled and we never said a word.

Funnily enough I was talking to someone about it tonight and he had a few tales about her including a time when she'd had difficulty controlling her dog and it had gone for him and his pet. Why they had to move next to me is just bad luck.

I even had a time where her dog kept finding a way into my garden and leaving dog mess all over the place. They do as they wish but complain of others(well they certainly do about me)I feel as though I am a prisoner in my own home and trying to be as quiet as a church mouse. What an awful way to live.

To happier things...the day went well apart from this note shoved through my letterbox. I managed to win £6 at the little bingo club so that was like getting my bus fare back from last night. I had some nice corned beef and chutney baps(and took some for the person I share a table with at the bingo)and some crisps.

I managed to do some housework too. I haven't decided about tomorrow yet. Whether to stay close to home or go out. I could see if I can get tickets for the Lumiere in Durham(they go on sale tomorrow)or I could try and see the illuminations at Roker Park near Sunderland. I'll decide when tomorrow comes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look into using some of your Mum's money perhaps for soundproofing your communal walls?

A-L

8 October 2015 at 23:26  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

There's a thought. I'll look into it. I'll see what is allowed by my Housing Association. That could come under my decoration plans for the house. I wouldn't care these are good solid brick houses. Not the flimsy wafer thin walls you get these days.

Would nice if they could help with the alterations.

9 October 2015 at 02:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fortunate to have a lovely quiet neighbour, but if ever a noisy one was to move in, I'd get the party walls soundproofed!

I'm afraid that if you have the money, then you can't expect to sit on it and expect others to fund stuff like this....just use the money wisely, but USE it, to make your life better. :)

A-L

9 October 2015 at 07:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I don't mind doing it myself, its whether I'm allowed to do such major work as it is a rented property. I say myself, by that I mean even if I have to call someone in to do the task. Its whether the H Association would agree to changes.

9 October 2015 at 11:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One easy answer to that - ASK THEM. :)

A-L

9 October 2015 at 18:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home