My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Plans Slightly Thrown Out...

Still on for buying plants and some gardening equipment. But the actual garden will not be likely as I have realised that I cannot get that much done as the bingo is on in the afternoon. And I have to be away around lunchtime. And that will no sooner be over and I will have to be thinking of a quick snack before going to see my musical at the theatre. And there is only a two hour window between the bingo and catching a bus out of town.

But at least the weekend wasn't wasted and I was able to catch out on household tasks. So not much more to say until I have seen the show. I'll try and write a review of it later but images will be out this time.

Update:It rained overnight and a little bit this afternoon so I couldn't have done the garden anyhow. Wow! I won £2 for a line at the bingo.

I purchased myself another hat for Winter and replaced some fingerless gloves I'd misplaced(the kind that can be turned into mittens by pulling a kind've cover over the fingers. And found some nice diced lamb to make a meal or casserole in the slow cooker and a honeydew melon.

I have a jumper, one of my hats/gloves in case its a bit chilly when I come out of the theatre tonight, something to drink, a couple of beef and salad sandwiches plus crisps in case I become hungry.

And now its almost time to think of catching my bus.

Update2:The trip went well. I was legging it to the usual bus stop and though the buses on a route nearest to where I live stop by around 8pm and only run hourly in the evenings(if you time it right, you have the choice of two so that one every half hour really)and I suddenly thought "Why do you walk further than you need to?" when you have access to a bus at the bottom of your street. So I went to that stop instead.

Was in Darlington in good time. Went into a pound shop that stays open later than any other shop(until 7pm)to see if I could find a trowel or fork for use in the garden(no joy)then moved to another bus stop to wait for one to save walking to the theatre so was there for around 15mins. The bus arrived around 7pm and though usually it takes a couple of mins to get there, due to roadworks and the driver getting off to go to the office(probably a call of nature)I was in my seat by 7.15pm.

On average if you include the interval most shows last 140-150mins this one started late and was out quite early I'd guess all finished within 105mins. Maybe I'm a softie and getting old but when I came out I can feel a chill in the air so when I caught the bus back to the town centre I put my hat, gloves and jumper on and it made a difference. My bedroom is getting colder as I sit here I think its around 14c/58f. If I stay up a little longer I may put my dressing gown on.

Though buses are again less frequent I managed to get one within ten minutes and then had to wait twenty minutes for the one to get me home.

I have said a little about the show in an update in the previous blog entry. But I will add I do think we had a slightly slimmed down version of the production(maybe because of production cost)size of the theatre. I have seen a promo video with singers and dancers suggesting we may've been four short. As some routines when the dancers split there were more on one side of the stage than the other, But we had five male/five female dancers, three male/two female singers and the couple from Strictly Come Dancing. So seventeen in all. The energy they all have is amazing. If there were any mistakes I never spotted them. I've no right to criticise...its not as if I could do what they do.

Not a bad song amongst the selection. The music of Gershwin, Berlin and Porter.

Now I am going to add that I saw a musical Anything Goes in January in Durham staged and performed by The Durham University Opera Group(I assume)that they all plan to go into the profession and it was as good as tonight, perhaps even better.

However, a good night was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home