My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Bit Of A Boring Day...

if I am honest...plenty of thinking of tasks that need doing and planning. Having said that you can do too much thinking. And the opposite can be true...if you don't you are filling in time. But it could be worse. You can seem ungrateful. I must count my blessings.

Its great that my friend's dad looks likely to come home. But he'll need much care. Its going to cost. Cheaper than being in a home. For both my friends family and the government but they'll be surviving on a very small income. Like many. Without the care allowing a little bit of a rest for my friends Mum she would be caring 24/7 and never get out. And she is in her dotage and has health issues.

Even with the care, its only giving about six to ten hours where she can go out and do something for herself during the week. You may look after your family out of love and put them before yourself but its often b***** hard work!

What a horrible day weather wise. Its pouring down. Its dull and cold. Think its around 16c/62f indoors. I have jumpers and thermals etc...and I'm not afraid to use themDownload laughing 3 Its going to have to get much colder before I'll give in and use the central heating. I have warm meals and hot drinks too. I don't have to go out so if I can resist the temptation I will. Anything I can do today I can do tomorrow.

Tell you what I had last night for my tea(round at my friends house)and it was lovely...homemade shepherd's pie. Mash potato, mince, gravy and a little bit of veg. I'll have a go at that myself its been a while. But it may as easy to buy a good quality ready meal and stick in the microwave. Homemade is no cheaper and cooking time is probably longer. Suppose I could do it in the slow cooker.

Update:Feeling warmer, positive, I've eaten and had four hours sleep. Amazing how a few hours can change things. Even my joints aren't hurting as they were.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Homemade always tastes best. ;)

Plus it's not stuffed full of salt and other chemicals. ;)

A-L

28 October 2015 at 18:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Probably the best part of Winter...warm comfort food. Can't remember if I commented on the new report about meat and cancer. I say new, I have seen many such reports over the years.

Everything in moderation and varied diet is the way. I suspect in that mix we should add(and it ties in with your comment)if you buy the best quality possible that income allows that will also make a difference.

Even the experts invited onto the media yesterday had to admit the various vitamins and minerals meat has and are good for overall health.

I doubt as a general rule of thumb on cost, time, change of taste etc...few sit down to a Full English Breakfast as it was once called daily. It would be a treat these days.

I haven't had one in ages. I keep saying that I will. I can go for days without eating any meat.

28 October 2015 at 20:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That same report was full of terms that meat can, could and may cause cancer. By all means warn people and give them the information but the media then ran with the slant on the story that it "will" cause it.

28 October 2015 at 20:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home