My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I'm Sometimes Too Honest...

On here but I want to tell what's happening. Since yesterday I have had a message to say can I go around to a friends house to keep him company at short notice today. This much you do know...his father is in hospital and seriously unwell. And it looks as though an emergency op may happen today.

This in the week that come Friday an 80th Birthday happens(his wife)and a party was/is planned/arranged for Saturday. Difficult times.Download sad 1

So who knows what the next few hours or days hold. I now feel that the flowers I ordered and card may be inappropriate if things turn out badly. But just possibly there is still time to change the order if the worst happens. None of us know at this time.

Update:The difference  a few hours can make...my friend's dad's operation seems to have gone well. He was awake within half an hour afterwards and having an ice cream.

He will need carers when he gets home but that looks a possibility. They were talking of him being home by the end of the week. But he may come into a hospital nearer to home whilst arrangements are made but that's better news than hoped for 24 hours ago.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes to your friend and his family. xx

A-L

27 October 2015 at 08:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you, much appreciated. I think I may be asked to go round still but at 10am still here. It may depend when he's in surgery. If/when they go through to the hospital. If they think he'll come around afterwards. They said Mum would not be awake after her hip op so no point being there. Wrong! She was awake soon after and asking for me :-)I also walked her down to the operating theatre accompanying the trolley she was on.

27 October 2015 at 10:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home