My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 31, 2015

We're In The Money...

Well, over the weeks you lose more than you win when going out playing bingo and having an odd drink but last night in a variety of ways I won £48*&lt:-P partybut felt obliged to buy my fellow Bingo cohorts a round of drinks. But even doing that I still covered the cost of the night and taxi fare. And was still £27 in pocket which as I have been spending a little more lately is welcome.

Again I have a fair bit of the buffet which I brought home so that saves me some time and cost of buying of food.

Not much planned for today I have to admit and bus services(Its bank holiday)means that I will stay close to home.

Yesterday went according to plan and I was entertained in Durham through the afternoon. The weather was kind. If it stays that way the final event of the weekend will hopefully be a success as it takes place in Barnard Castle with the backdrop of the ruins of the old castle. And a town still with a historic feel. But it won't surprise you if I say that is not one bus to Barnard Castle on a Bank Holiday and a quick look at a travel website suggests that if you want to go there on a Sunday for a day out there is one bus for the whole day.

It becomes ever more apparent why many people end up spending so much time at home and don't go out and that most routes just take you to shopping centres and malls. Its just luck if that town happens to have a parkm a museum or an historic place of interest to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home