My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Just Had Liver, Bacon, Mashed Potato And Gravy...

for supper. I must pay attention as it had to be cooked in the oven not quickly in the microwave.

I missed a bus to Durham by perhaps two minutes and saw it take off. The next was fifteen minutes later but as the concert I was going to started at 2pm and this bus takes around forty minutes plus to reach the destination and it was not leaving until 1.03pm time was tight.

I arrived after 1.50pm and the walk to theatre is a bit far and I am slow. Luckily a town bus arrived at 1.57pm and would still be quicker than me.

I was in my theatre seat by 2.05pm. Not the one I had purchased, mine was centre of the fourth row from the front but I didn't want to disturb anyone so I took a seat in the back row, The view was great as was the sound so I stayed there for the whole show.

The music of Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman. A fifteen piece band all masters of their instruments. And the theatre was virtually full. I knew some of the music played, some was new but nothing was bad and it was all enjoyable.

Coming home the bus was delayed due to roadworks so I was lucky this did not happen going there. There are major roadworks happening in Durham very close to the theatre.

I purchased the four lavender plants I wanted and a pressure spray bottle when I reached my town but the hold up stopped me taking everything home before heading out again to the bingo so I took them with me. I knew I had a car ride home.

I had a win at the bingo so though I had to pay for my tickets...I would've done that anyhow. But the win covered all the plants and spray bottle I purchased today. So it was as though they were free.

Its been a good day all in all.

Even being out of the house for so long I managed to throw out a lot of rubbish for tomorrow's rubbish collection and some tidying of the house. So not a wasted day. Now I have to see if the weather will be kind and allow me to attend the concert in the evening and as it starts at 6pm and need to use the buses I will have to leave no later than 4.30pm. I may take a salad with me or have a late lunch and that means I perhaps just take my chair and some water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home