My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Its Stopped Raining But...

I'm staying in..I've had coffee, a ham and tomato bun and some cheese and crackers. I brought a lot of my buffet home last night form the bingo so that gave me supper and some snacks before going out today. So in a way what I spend really comes back to me.

I didn't win the bingo but won £10 on a Domino card and so the night only cost me £2 so quite inexpensive for once.

I found out that there was a music event in another part of County Durham in Consett tonight for free in the park around the bandstand. In a car we're talking perhaps 45 minutes and 24 miles. By bus close on 150 minutes and that includes a 20 minute wait in a bus station.

If the weather is kind there is a similar event in Shildon tomorrow approx 5 miles and 15 minutes by bus so I'm aiming to go to that. That's on between 6pm-9pm.

Another event is happening on Friday in Spennymoor approx 8 miles but unless I leave early buses are a problem getting home and taxis expensive but last year that was great. I believe that starts later more like 7pm or 7.30pm. Ends around 10.30pm.

At a push I can try leaving 10 minutes before the end and travel to Durham and catch the last bus from there back to my town and arrive here around 11.45pm or come back via Bishop Auckland directly but I miss a lot of the concert. Or and this is touch and go...leave after the concert.

Then travel to Bishop Auckland catch a bus to a town called Chilton and then if it arrives on time is not held up I have 8 minutes and I will catch the last bus from...Durham(the same one from earlier)but if I miss it, I am in the middle of nowhere and approx 10 minutes and 4 miles from home. If that happened I could call for a taxi I suppose. I better take my mobile phone...I'll decide nearer the time.

Nothing is straight forward.

The easiest music events this week are Thursday in a theatre in Durham a recreation of a concert in Carnegie New York and the bands of Glen Miller and Benny Goodman. Seems a funny time for such a fantastic show, a weekday afternoon. At the weekend lots of free outdoor music entertainment in and around Durham City on the bridges, in the market place and outside the theatre. And on Saturday around 5pm I see a poetry event with TV/Radio/Author Ian McMillan and Cartoonist Tony Husband. I decided to go for the 5pm show instead of the 7.30pm performance.

So a few things to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home