My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Concept Of Time...

Perhaps I'm not the one to ask. Previously I said I thought I could have all the hedge trimmings bagged within ten to fifteen minutes...wrong.

There is much more hidden inside the hedge and it too has been taken over by the dreaded creeping ivy and some branches and twigs are dead. In the future this may need a lot of thinning/replacing but for now its tidy.

It took close on two hours but that could be because there was so much or I am just too slow. I filled three bags.

I'm having a rest, I will look at the weather and if it holds I am still on for the lawns and bags this evening, after all its light until 10pm(ish)and most of what I am doing makes no noise. And the same with the washing. I can even put that out tomorrow before I head out for the Miners Gala.

Living at the back of the house I had no idea until I went outdoors just how hot it is and again it could be the reason why I am sweating even though the work was not particularly strenuous and though I am in light clothing. But I know from years ago this was part of my illness symptoms. I used to do very little before having to lie down for a rest and I was drenched needing to have a wash, a toweling down and a change of clothes. Having said that in the bedroom as I write this the temperature is 24c/78f so outside I suspect that is considerably more.

Update:Depending on how its classed I strimmed one lawn or half a lawn before giving up(I have to replace the cord)When these houses were built there was a border that split the lawns in half so they looked as though there were four and that border was made of stones and pebbles. Every person removed them and the lawns became one. But as I remember the original layout I still see it that way.

It was getting a bit late(I thought to be making noise)it took me an hour and probably would another hour to do the last one. I'll leave that for Sunday/Monday(though a newspaper says we can expect snow on Monday!!!

Unusual for me I am thinking of heading out really early to the Gala to try and see what I haven't before. The earliest bus I can catch is around 7am but things could already be happening by then and even that bus will not arrive before 8am and its quite possible bands will be marching and collecting outside of a big hotel where guests speakers come onto the balcony. But there will be four hours to kill as I think the main event does not start until 1pm(ish)and I always try to get myself a decent place to sit.

I don't sit right at the front which starts off as a good choice but usually people come in fron t of you and then you cannot see so this year I may move closer but I may need to use my ear plugs because the speakers are loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home