My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Gifted People...

Back from Durham and the World Premiere of Last Train to Elvet written and performed by Ian McMillan, with cartoons by Tony Husband, composer Luke Carver Goss and the Tredegar Town Band. It does appear that it will be performed at a number of places in the coming months so if you should get the chance do go and see it.

If I had sat on the right in the pews of the church I could've taken some great images but though I could see everything where I was sat meant other members of the audience were in the way and the lighting probably meant I would need to use the flash but here are the few that I have. Ian was very friendly and welcoming. He knew I was coming and he shook my hand and chatted with me going in and made a point of doing the same as I left. He even remembered my Twitter name.





It is a fantasy with a hint of fact as its bases. A circus train comes to town(Elvet in Durham)on this occasion and a branch line that has long since closed.

Tomorrow I may go back and catch some more bands in the Durham Brass Festival(weather permitting)or to a bike event being held by Durham Police but I have asked for some information on their tweet account/facebook page and the event pages too and so far no one has responded. So if I go it looks as though I'll have to do some research myself and wing it*

When I came home I cheated as I did it all in the microwaves(having two is advantage)and everything was prepared for cooking in quickly. I had new potatoes with herbs in butter, fish in a cheese and bacon sauce with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. All done within 8mins, For me that was quite an expensive meal I'd say it cost around £2.50 but with some vegetables and fish still remaining in the fridge, I can do some more potatoes another day and I suppose that comes in at the same price.

Tomorrow I'll probably take out a salad in a lunchbox to eat whilst at the event and make up the buffet for the bingo at night.


I believe the weeds are dying but I may purchase another bottle on Monday and be sure to finish them off. The grass and hedge is not shooting away so the garden is no longer wearing me out. I have some washing to catch up on. If I think the weather will be good tomorrow I may do that before I go out as I cannot catch a bus before 9.30am and I can leave everything on the washing line whilst I am out.

*Plans up in the air ...I can still go at lunchtime but its raining(7am Sunday)Band event moves into the Town Hall. The other event has some displays under cover but being a field its going to be slippery if not muddy(don't think its been raining that long)but acrobatic bike displays are probably out. May be easier to stay home.

Update:If I'd stayed up at 7am even 8am I would have seen the weather improve and I was up for it! But I went back to bed and slept...and slept...and slept. However, I have been around a few places this past week and that pleases me. So the rest of the day I shall potter around and put it to good use doing jobs around the house.

General housework, some washing, I have some items that need cooking(in the slow cookers)yes that's two at once...chicken and pork. That will allow for sandwiches and meals for the coming days. And now I shall have a quick look to the shops on my town. Not much required all basics like socks, underpants, a hat and eggs. If I go now(2pm)there is still time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Third pic down.....is he resting his book on that poor guy's head? :D

A-L

19 July 2015 at 09:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It does look like it ;-) In the dim(ish)light of the church I did not have the settings as they should've been and images were blurred so better pictures of Ian and others were difficult to obtain. I hope I see him again. He is all over the place as his Twitter account proves.

Being a newly commissioned work they were probably ironing out glitches as its always different when performed in front of an audience.

19 July 2015 at 22:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home