My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Almost Twenty Four Hours On...

I will not sadly make it to the free music event in Darlington. I could force myself but with few buses running and it starting at 2pm I would miss almost the first hour. It looks ready for a downpour. Its certainly cloudy. Indoors its 17c/64f according to the thermometer. Seems quite chilly.

I have slept most of the day away probably because I needed it.

Yesterday started out quite well. I revised plans.

I awoke around 8.30am, had breakfast, shaved and dressed. Took my chair, a coat, brolly, hat, crisps and camera. Nothing more. Passed by the shops on my town and purchased water/susage rolls. The bus to Durham was at the bus stop, straight on. Straight on to the bus to Sunderland...into the Interchange and onto another to the Airshow in Seaburn. Total travel time(no waiting to speak of)100 minutes.

Near the venue to make it easy for cars and buses all the roads were laid out clearly and my bus was taking it slowly. Suddenly a jolt, a bang and...we were going nowhere. A van entering an army/TA premises had cut across the front of the bus(if we'd been travelling at normal speed)it would've been worse. But we were going no further. Everyone had to get off and walk the remaining distance. More importantly no one was hurt.



And that added another thirty minutes(walking as I do)I was right in the middle of all the fast food/fair rides and not the area I usually go to. This meant that I missed the first couple of displays. I did find my spot eventually. And it was another great one. Had I been there on time, my view would've been perfect but considering it was OK.


This ferry is always anchored off the coast and watches some of the displays as a bonus for its passengers but they only watch some of them.



The pilots and planes did their stuff and showed their skills. The weather held, though most of the time it was dull. The sun tried to show its face, we had a few spots of rain but they blew away and caused no problems for us(but probably gave the organisers and performers a few restless moments)but we were all glad that we'd taken something warm(ish)with a hood for protection.

The final display was by the Red Arrows took place and the heavens opened towards the end of it and everyone feared it would be called off but they went ahead and managed to do all that they were supposed to do. It came right at the tail end and they were the last display of the day.


As we walked away there was one more surprise for those who stayed behind a kind of mock battle on the beach with some soldiers in camouflage so I put my brolly up and watched.

It must be a headache moving the volume of people away from the venue on all the buses so I can accept the logistics are not easy. But there seemed to be lots of park and ride buses every ten minutes or so but not the same for those taking people back to the terminal to connect to other services. Our queue seemed the longest and it took me around two hours to board a bus. The journey only lasted perhaps 15-20 minutes.

At the bus station the service to Durham was due within 15 minutes but the queue was so long, they only ran every half hour and using single deckers we had to wait for the third one which added another hour or so. The journey to Durham is an hour and because that one did not connect to the next service there was 45 minutes hanging around in Durham station(So I decided to have some chips)from the fish and chip shop next to the bus station.

Still a great day and a change for a Saturday. But that's probably why I felt so tired and have slept so well.

So I'm listening to the radio. I may have an afternoon tea(I have some fruit scones to use up)I'll have a coffee(take my meds)Its early days but I have started taking my Statins(they turned up in my last prescription after all)and so far no side effects and I am not supposed to change my diet/drink lots of alcohol which I don't anyhow and its not thought my raised cholesterol is diet related so I'll still have a little tipple and carry on as I always have. But we'll see if they make any difference and whether I can tolerate it.

I'll start to put together the buffet for tonight's bingo and two of our group are said to be returning again so I'll have to add a couple of extra items(if they come and decide not to eat anything)its more for me to bring home and enjoy myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home