My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Another Week...Meh!

I sleptSmiley I looked at my garden from the bedroom windowSmileyand thought I'll do that when I return home. I was going to call at the shops for ivy and tree/stump killer and call at the post office for money I am owed. Time and slowness meant I was unable to do that. I would've missed my bus but then I had to wait in the open as the heavens opened. I was in the wrong kind of coat, the bus was a little late and I had to put the carrier bag I was carrying over my head to attempt to stay dry.

I arrived at the bingo reasonably OK. Dried off. Didn't win. I decided to catch the bus back into the town centre afterwards and do what I had not managed earlier. I had missed a bus by ten minutes but it was worth waiting twenty minutes for the next.

I still did not manage to get the garden stuff nor visit the post office. Why? I was struggling and slow but I popped into the supermarket making the mistake of shopping without my shopping trolley. And I could not carry it any further than straight home. Saving the taxi fare(bus pass)and the food I purchased(not all reduced)but much was, its as if I have £24 in value and only paid £9. Nice items like a slow cooked beef shortcrust pie, cherries, various salads, fancy potatoes, fruit.  But the bags were heavy.

Its like a cold autumn day not summer but in reality that's the kind of summers we get in the UK so in reality it is exactly the kind of summer we normally get. Its not raining at present and I really should abandon any thought of gardening but when I look out of my window I want to do something. Perhaps put on a thick coat and attack the long grass/weeds a little more.

I'd only be slicing them with the spade even if not removing them today. I am still tempted to level the ivy on top of the fence panels with my hedge trimmer. But if I stop it growing over or through the panels I may leave it.

In reality assuming the weather improves(and the weather forecast does appear as though it will)more sun and little if any rain. So that's my task for tomorrow. As is the buying of the weedkiller and going to the post office.

Perhaps I'll be buying some more flowers too and crisps which work out cheaper than buying them in the venue when with friends on nights out. One pack for £1 will give enough for the Music Club tomorrow night, the bingo on Thursday and next Sunday(Well I'm one packet of crisps short)but I have a spare one in the house so if I add that everything is sorted.

I haven't eaten a great deal but I'm not hungry but I'm eating OK a mixture of tomatoes, cheese, ham wholemeal buns and a few small sausage rolls from last nights buffet so I'm recycling what I have.

So it may be a night of taking it easy and listening to the radio.

Update:It has been an easy evening but I couldn't resist the garden. I cleared a lot within an hour, What has made it quicker is I can slide a spade under the ivy, weeds lifting it like a blanket. I found a coat I had nearly thrown out some weeks ago but it is warm and will now be used as gardening attire, I will look for a pair of old trousers and ditto a pair of old trainers.

I only discovered tonight that it has a hidden hood in the collar, I never knew. The day it was purchased we(Mum and myself)went to Darlington on the bus rather than by car. On September 11th it will be 14 years old. How do I know? The clue is the date. When we came in and put on C4's Countdown quiz it had been taken off and we did not understand what we were watching. Everyone did in the end. I assume the event had started just as we were boarding the bus for the shopping trip. It was the collapse of the twin trade towers in New York.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So great to see your garden taking shape! Pace yourself, of course, but do enjoy the fresh air and exercise and sunshine. :)

A-L

23 June 2015 at 08:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Don't know why but I cannot wake up today. So you are right about pacing yourself. But I'm up now...had a coffee and meds/vitamins. Getting my coat on again and heading out there again.

I'll bag what I did last night and try and remove some more. Perhaps go out around 3pm and do what I didn't yesterday. Its good to see things taking shape.

What we need now is some lovely weather to enjoy "Our" gardens.

Then get myself sorted, have a meal/snack and go to the music club.

23 June 2015 at 12:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home