My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 08, 2015

More Work At The Start Of Another Week...

Oh dear...I have spent approx. another £16Again lucky that I could. Purchased more strimmer cord(3)89p each(US $1.36)approx. double/treble the amount that came with the strimmer. The back garden was really using the cord up. When its down it will be fine. I am having to chop massive weeds that have grown high with thick stems but someone suggested a lop cutter would be easier so I purchased one today £13.99(US $21.46)
Annoyingly if I now keep on top of it I may not need them again especially if I put stuff on the lawn to green it, kill moss and the weeds. Or I ever move through choice or am forced, then again what I have will last if looked after and I may not need to buy them again.

One half of the garden is nothing but these big leafy weeds, the other half has been whacked down with the strimmer and is almost finished. Perhaps I've gone at it too fast and should've taken my time. But I can do that from now on.

I feel a little sad as clearing this away means I have taken away the protection of(perhaps there is more than one)I came across a really tiny frog. I have no idea how its got into my garden as most gardens around here have high panel wooden fences(and I am unaware of any ponds)So unsure what will happen to him/her and again could be taken by a bird.

I may pop out and tackle the weeds as they are not affected by the torrential rain we had this afternoon which the grass probably would be and needs to dry out a little.

Update:Well, there's another 40mins done(I went back to the strimmer)At ground level I thought I wasn't getting anywhere but from the bedroom I can see that I am making a difference.

I really wish that I could getaway with not using the cutters I purchased today. Attempt to get a refund but I think that I may have to give in. They're purchased now. And they would be easier than using the strimmer or spade.

No more frogs as yet...I may go back tonight and do some more but perhaps I should call it a day. There's always tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home