My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 05, 2015

Another Quite Good Day...

Slept late...(For me)Just have to shave and think of heading out the door no later than 4.30pm so I can catch a bus to Durham and then decide whether to walk really slow to the Cathedral for the doors opening for a charity concert with the RAF Collage Band celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Battle Of Britain. Or by going earlier cut out some if the walk by being able to connect to a bus on another route that will cut the walk in half. Then I can perhaps sit for ten minutes in the market place before attempting the last bit that is rather steep to the Cathedral.

Sadly the Cathedral bus stops after 4pm(ish)and I'd prefer not to add a taxi fare to the night if I can avoid doing so. No other buses run near the cathedral.

Doors open at 6.30pm and I want to get a good seat, the journey either way to and from Durham is around 45 minutes and again once you get past 6pm they only run hourly. And I've known it take me ages to walk from the bus station to the Cathedral hence going quite early. I may go earlier(But as I write this amendment its already got around to 2pm so its not much earlier anyhow)



The weather seems calm, reasonably sunny for now, I hope it stays that way. They said to expect thunderstorms and some areas in the south have had some already. And I have heard of some real downpours including added lightening and hail.

I may put something up to take with me in case I am hungry or wait and have a supper when I come in. I did that yesterday...I don't eat offal but I gave in and had a ready meal of Lambs liver, bacon, onion gravy and colcannon mash potato. It only cost £1.50 and I wish had been a little larger but it was tasty and quick and really enough. We all get used to eating too much if we're honest.

I've put together my grass strimmer...well almost, the guard is a pain as I am so close to having it lined up with a hole for a screw and the damn thing won't line up and I've been on for ages attempting to sort it out. I need to click it by such an infinitesimal amount. I'll give it another look tomorrow. Then perhaps I'll actually get around to using it. And have to spend more money on the cable extension.

Nothing else is planned for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home