My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Where Have I Been?(Part Two)

The good deed? My friend who was already special needs to some extent is even more so since his stay in hospital and he has lost what independence he had. His memory and nobility has been affected and it means he has to stay closer to home than he used to. we keep hoping that he will improve but as time goes on the fear is this is unlikely.

Today, his elderly Father has to go into a big hospital in Newcastle for a big operation and someone needs to stay in and keep him company whilst his stepdad and Mum travel there and have to sort things out. So I'm the one who is going to keep him company.

Then hopefully this evening we will go the Music Club and have a couple of hours of music. Its always good but I missed a good one last week(and a few performers turned up who have been missing for some months)We're hoping his Mum will be there too if she gets home in time.

I have to be out early because they have to away not long after Lunch and to save her cooking lunch for my friend and themselves and so they are not hungry later in the day she has arranged for a delivery of fish and chips for not long after 11.15am so everyone has one decent meal for the day. And as I am going to sit in with my friend I have been included. I guess looking after my friend will take my mind off my own selfish woes. Even for a couple of hours.

Now I said that I had stayed close to home and been a bit too miserable for my own liking...not strictly true...

Whilst able to I decided to buy some more tickets for some theatre productions between now and the end of the year. Some productions are getting too expensive, sometimes its difficult to get home when dependent on public transport and I don't know how my health will be.

However, sometimes what is on offer I am not interested in...but I do have the following...Two mystery plays and because I booked the two(I received a discount of £5 on each play)One is the Ghost Train, the other a Sherlock Holmes story.

A music show recreating a concert at New York Carnegie Hall between Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller. The Judy Garland Story(which has one of Judy's daughter's in the cast...Lorna Luft)Last Night of the Proms, another concert of Syd Lawrence's Big Band, a life story and then a recreation of a show with someone taking off Tommy Cooper, All Star 60's night starring pop groups of the 60's Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, Badfinger, The Troggs(without the lead sing Reg Presley who passed away approx 2 years ago)and The Pacemakers(without Gerry Marsden)

There are some better shows(well priced in Gateshead)but with the problem of getting home(if they would run a later bus service by an hour)I could see some really good shows but sadly staying at a hotel is too expensive(and rooms are often unavailable)and a taxi would add around another £50-£60 to the night. Its the same problem with shows that happen in Newcastle too.

I am also hoping to attend a Folk festival in Sedgefield in September(not cheap but we're talking)three concerts lasting around four hours(two in the evening)one on an afternoon. And if I buy a ticket for all three I can save a little money but I will have to book a taxi those nights which will add approx £30 across the two nights.

But I can at least use my bus pass and a bus service to get there so I save money one way. If I could find someone that is travelling back my way in their own car I could perhaps get a free lift home or offer something towards the cost of the petrol which is cheaper than a taxi.

I can only do all this because of being extremely careful with money and this government could affect me even more so with their plans over the coming five years and beyond.

They could increase what I pay in bedroom tax(I was hoping that a change earlier this month)would see another £1,000 annually in my budget. There is a rumour that the tax will be extended to affect people not affected at present. There is talk of them actually increasing the charge, then we have talk of freezing benefits or taxing them which is as good as saying you are having a cut. And most people are genuine and not scroungers.

Oh and lets not forget they are bringing in another reduction on what a household can receive...a benefits cap but most people realise that few if any(charities and experts also say so)ever get anywhere near the capped amount but it sounds good when quoted in the media or press and sadly many people believe what they hear which is often wrong.

The problem(putting the ill, disabled, those who care for loved one's etc...aside)is that many jobs are paying such low wages, they are having to be topped up by state help. And if renting often rents are not affordable. But I'm going off on a political rant. Which some will agree with and others won't. So I'll stop for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home