My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Been To The Dr...

My Dr is on holiday...however, the Dr I saw thinks I am doing well...he says that even though I think I am not having issues and therefore cannot see why I am having difficulty sleeping and panicking. It is probably all connected still to bereavement and worries about what may happen in the future months with changes coming due to the Government plans and sorting out of Mum's estate. He thinks I am doing well and will continue to. He also says that I should enjoy my birthday and be glad that we are all living longer. He believes it will come good.

He says I have the support of the Dr's and should things get difficult they will do all that they are able to to help me.

He checked my blood pressure which was fine. He checked my breathing and my chest is clear but as I have a little wheeze and I cannot clear the mucus away from my throat(whilst the prescriptions are still free)he wrote me one out for a cough bottle which was made up specially and its seems to be shifting the problem.

Funnily enough, the past few days I have found myself not thinking too deeply, I'm not panicking  as much as I was and am able to turn over and generally get back off to sleep. And the past few days I am not waking up as early so perhaps I have turned the corner.

I stayed out yesterday after being at the Dr's and caught a bus to Durham and then visited a shopping centre I have heard of for over 3 year but never have. I planned not to spend money(but I did)approx £40 mainly on food but its good stuff and I'll have nice meals for at least a month and that only works out around £1.50 daily so its not that bad.

I went out around 9am(to the Dr's)and I didn't get home before 6pm so it was a long day in the end. I had a cheap and quite small ready meal(Chicken, gravy, sliced potatoes, peas and carrots)but it was enough and quite tasty and then I went to bed supposedly to listen to the radio but I fell asleep and slept the evening and early hours away.

Tuesday, did I say I sat in with my special needs friend whilst his Father was taken to hospital ready for a big op on Wednesday. He was informed that some medication he was on should've been stopped three days before he went into the hospital(but no one told him)and so...Wednesday they cancelled the op and sent him home. He's only been waiting for 18mths and even that surprised the consultant. So we don't know what happens next. Whether they'll take him back in next week...some months down the line, whether my friend's Father will decide not to bother and take his chances.

So in one way Tuesday was a wasted day for everyone...even me sitting in with my friend but then again we chatted, we watched a little TV and then in the evening we went to the Music Club so in another way it wasn't a waste of time and it stopped me thinking about things. Frighteningly , I watched an old comedy sitcom that came on and then I realised in two years time it will be 50 years old and when I watched it first time around I was only 8 or 9 years old. Where did that time go?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been absent because I've been travelling around central Europe (Switzerland, Austria etc) Wanted to wish you a happy birthday. :)

Sorry to read you've been having problems - my advice is to enjoy your birthday, spoil yourself a bit, and then at the start of June make a fresh start and I'm sure you'll feel a lot better when your Mum's estate is sorted out and you have that mobility scooter! :)

A-L

28 May 2015 at 19:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds wonderful. Good to know you were missing for good reasons. I agree with all you say. This week has been a good one. I'm stronger than I think I am. Its been a blip. It did no harm going to see the Dr and felt right at the time but in reality I was probably coming out of the bad place anyhow.

I've been invited for a Birthday tea :-) I had nothing planned and I can always have a look out on Sunday if I want to.

I won £7 at the bingo tonight but as I shared a taxi there and back and after paying for the books and a raffle ticket I was down by £2 but its fun.

28 May 2015 at 21:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home